Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
eastern fly

Stealth Bomber

Kevin,

That will catch fish, my personal preferance is to tie all legs on this type towards the rear...less fowling.

A fish catcher for sure...hate to say, however, would have to try it both ways just to ensure I got it right ;) Sweet tie bro!

Tight lines...dave

Hi All;

The retrieve on a stealth bomber is very much like a Dahlberg diver. If you give it a quick twitch, it acts very much like a popper but, with a brisk strip it dives and creates quite a bubble trail. I typically fish a gurgle pop but when the gurgle pop doesn't work the Stealth bomber does!

Both are real easy ties but the bomber takes about twice as long to tie with most effort being in cutting the foam in advance of tying.

Wayne

it is based on turks tarantula I think. I fished one last summer here on the rideau river and the fish go nuts on them. the legs when moving are irresistible. they work wrll on pike from what I understand.

marc

Hi Kevin--- I've caught a lot of LMB, bream, and the only Gar I've caught on a fly on variations of this pattern. IMHO, your legs are too long- they will foul in the hook bend, and the loop in the back is a little too big. It is fine the way it is, and will catch fish. Criticism is just my opinion, and you know how those are....