Fly Tying

I just wanted to introduce myself, since I just joined the forum.

My name is Troy Allgood and I live in St. Anthony, Idaho. I'm 47 and have tied flies since I was about 6. Mike Lawson was my 7th grade woodshop teacher and I've known Rene Harrop and his family my whole life.

I look forward to reading and responding to a few posts.

Thanks,

troy

Well your certianly in good company up there. Too bad there isn't any good fishing arount St Anthony. Just kidding, I here there are one or two good streams in that neck of the woods.

Well your certianly in good company up there. Too bad there isn't any good fishing arount St Anthony. Just kidding, I here there are one or two good streams in that neck of the woods.

Nah....They've all dried up. No fishing here....

nice to meet you troy.

I too am new here. I've only been tying for little over 4 years though. I look forward to reading and maybe seeing some of what you tie. Is there anything you find difficult to tie anymore?

I from mid-michigan and there are no fish here to be had, I'm sure of it. :bs:

nice to meet you troy.

I too am new here. I've only been tying for little over 4 years though. I look forward to reading and maybe seeing some of what you tie. Is there anything you find difficult to tie anymore?

I from mid-michigan and there are no fish here to be had, I'm sure of it. :bs:

The hardest fly for me to tie, and tie well, is Rene's no-hackle. He has tried to show me how to tie it, and Mike has tried, to no avail. I can get it pretty well, but nowhere near what those two can do......I need to just put some time in on just tying that pattern. It's all in the feel, I guess, and Rene now has to wear a brace on his left hand from the repetitive stress of years upon years of setting those wings.

I can tie a passable version using duck shoulder feathers.

troy

welcome!! I use to live in last chance and idaho falls. Glad to have you on the site! On your danica profile you have a james bowman stonefly. That name sounds like I know who James is. Didn't he used to live in idaho falls? Worked at hydes drift boats?

Welcome aboard. Say, maybe you should forget about the no-hackle, Your danica link shows us you are a great tyer, so please feel free to show us some of your favorite patterns.

welcome!! I use to live in last chance and idaho falls. Glad to have you on the site! On your danica profile you have a james bowman stonefly. That name sounds like I know who James is. Didn't he used to live in idaho falls? Worked at hydes drift boats?

Yes, it's James Bowen...I don't know what happened to him, but he's a great tyer...

Welcome aboard. Say, maybe you should forget about the no-hackle, Your danica link shows us you are a great tyer, so please feel free to show us some of your favorite patterns.

Thanks Bruce. I'm tying some more for Hans' site right now and I'll try to take some pics as I go. I fish mostly with caddis on the lower river these days...well, when it warms up..