Fly Tying
Jackpott

Puff Adder Popper

Very cool. I really like the foam head. The only suggestion I have is to send us all a dozen or so! :yahoo:

MWL

Beautifully tied. But I always love bugs with eyes. I know eyes are for the fisherman, but I love eyes on my bugs. Copper barred sili-legs mixed with a chartruese/black barred sili leg would really set this one off! Still a GREAT fly without any of that nonesense. Cut and shaped with the skills of a master tier.

Beautifully tied. But I always love bugs with eyes. I know eyes are for the fisherman, but I love eyes on my bugs. Copper barred sili-legs mixed with a chartruese/black barred sili leg would really set this one off! Still a GREAT fly without any of that nonesense. Cut and shaped with the skills of a master tier.

Thanks man! Couldn't agree with you more! im going to burn in some deep pockets in the hair and put one audible pupa red dolls eye one over the other in the sides of the hair (makes more of a ratttle) and im going to stick in some sili legs! I agree with you completely about the eyes, really helps add rigidity to the fly in addition to making it look and sound infinitely better.

Have you seen my other deerhair flies? :)

GREAT FLY :yahoo:

The only thing I have to say is the same thing the others said is to add Eye's it would make it look even better and yes the Foam head is a great idea (I will keep that one in the back of my head for latter tye's)

Again Great Job

:thumbup:

GREAT FLY :yahoo:

The only thing I have to say is the same thing the others said is to add Eye's it would make it look even better and yes the Foam head is a great idea (I will keep that one in the back of my head for latter tye's)

Again Great Job

:thumbup:

Thanks Gaddy, much appreciated. Cutting the foam is a ball ache but i guess once you have a sharp circular tube of sorts you can just punch holes in the foam willy nilly. You epoxy the foam, push it onto the hook (through a hole you made with a heated bobbin) and then press it tightly against the deerhair until it sets. The tighter the better, as it stacks the fibres closer together too... after that you may need to reshape the fly a tad with a razor.

All I can say is WOW! I'm still working on spun hair techniques and don't know that I could ever touch that. Beautiful job!

John