Fly Tying
kbranch

Trout Dry Fly Swap

Question ya'll.

I just went to the post office to try to mail these bad boys out, but the mail lady said that I couldn't purchase a stamp for a return trip because of having to get canadian postage. Did anyone else have this problem?

PM Sent

I had the same problem so I just put some cash in to pay for return.

Thanks for the responses. I was worried about breaking proper etiquette on my first fly swap. Flies should be out in the morning tomorrow.

glad you recieved answer about return postage, I know it is different when dealing with american and canadian postage. One main concern for swappers sending flies in canada is the package cannot exceed 3/4'' so altoid boxes are just to large, hope that info helps aswell.

kevin

i sent mine in an altoids tin ........ but i sent it priority mail so i dunno if that makes a difference ...... also i had no problem with the return postage ...... but again i sent it priority mail

I send mine out 1.5 week ago have you got them I am in canada so I thought you would have got them by now?

I send mine out 1.5 week ago have you got them I am in canada so I thought you would have got them by now?

No, I haven't recieved them yet. I update the list as soon as I recieve them. They will probably be here this week. I will let you know when I get them.

i just sent mine out. and i also just remembered that i had forgotten to tag them. i hope this isnt a big deal. sorry about that. let me know when they arrive.

I sent these babies out on March 2nd. from Colorado. Shouldn't they be there by now!??? <_< :unsure:

CDC-BWO.jpg

Nice Ties!

I try to give 2 1/2 to 3 weeks when mailing from Canada to the US (and expect that much time going the other way), I would not consider your flies late yet :)

i just sent mine out. and i also just remembered that i had forgotten to tag them. i hope this isnt a big deal. sorry about that. let me know when they arrive.

Very nice ........ im gonna definately put mine to good use

not a big deal about tagging them but should be done next time lol the due date has come and just so everyone is updated i have everyones except for 2 people. the arrived list is updated so i will be a little late mailing out everyones flies as i have to wait on 2 sets. thanks for your patience everyone.

- :rolleyes: Kevin

Have you received mine yet? Im just getting nervous here wondering if they made it or not.

Have you received mine yet? Im just getting nervous here wondering if they made it or not.

No, I haven't recieved them yet. Hopefully they will arrive this week.

mail came today and still no sign of the last set of flies, if they arrive next week i will post that they did, If they do not arrive by end of next week i may have to send them out without them. Thanks for everyones patience.

kevin

kbranch,

if they are mine, you can just go ahead and send the swap out without mine. i sent mine over two weeks ago and if they arent there yet, i'm not sure they are going to make it. sorry for the hold up everyone.