Fly Tying
Li'lDave

The colour Chartreusse

Chartreusse...   

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This whole color business is frustrating when you're trying to order materials in a specific color... The best outfit around that I ever dealt with is no longer around (Hobbes Feather Co). For a small cost (less than $20 if I remember correctly) they'd provide you a color catalogue of dyed samples, all on maribou puffs, of every color they worked with.... The materials I ordered (deertails, kiptails, feathers, etc. ) were always identical to the color sample I had in front of me when I worked up an order with them. If you ordered chartreuse, or fl. chartreuse, or lime green that's exactly what they provided. I wish other companies would do the same (if I'm going to be doing some wishing....). I know I'd sure be glad to pay for another color sample book that accurately reflected the color you'd be getting from them....

This whole color business is frustrating when you're trying to order materials in a specific color... The best outfit around that I ever dealt with is no longer around (Hobbes Feather Co). For a small cost (less than $20 if I remember correctly) they'd provide you a color catalogue of dyed samples, all on maribou puffs, of every color they worked with.... The materials I ordered (deertails, kiptails, feathers, etc. ) were always identical to the color sample I had in front of me when I worked up an order with them. If you ordered chartreuse, or fl. chartreuse, or lime green that's exactly what they provided. I wish other companies would do the same (if I'm going to be doing some wishing....). I know I'd sure be glad to pay for another color sample book that accurately reflected the color you'd be getting from them....

That would have been awesome Capt Bob! It'd be fantastic to know exactly what you're getting every time!!

That would have been awesome Capt Bob! It'd be fantastic to know exactly what you're getting every time!!

So true there, I actualy have purchased full skins of zonkers from companies before and had three different colors of the same color!!!!! and in the same freaking order!!!

Steve

Yep, it's yellow-green! The only way I know is because I wanted to use some chart. paint on a slider I was painting and didn't have any. I looked it up, and I think what I read said it's something like 8 parts yellow/1 part green or 9 parts yellow/1 part green.

This is a funny question and forced me to rethink how I would describe colors.

To me, it is a greenish yellow. So, I chose yellow green because I think of yellow first and then add green as a qualifier.

However,

it would be "green yellow" instead because in this case "green" would be an adjective of sorts.

Funny!