Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
FlySlinger

Super Hair Bugs

Hi guys This is a presentation Gift that a Few freinds had me Make up for another Friend......I hope you like it....It is a Messinger Frog and a Poor Bills wham Pous Cat....I will show you a few shots.....There was a large Glass Dome that was left out of the photo shoot for Clarity

DSCF5763.jpg

DSCF5714-2.jpg

DSCF5717-2.jpg

DSCF5748.jpg

DSCF57872.jpg

DSCF5712-2.jpg

I would like to tie up a few of the poor bills wham pocus cat fly but I can find the recipe. I tried searching the fly tying and forum and I also google for the pattern without any results. Any help would be great. Thanks

I would like to tie up a few of the poor bills wham pocus cat fly but I can find the recipe. I tried searching the fly tying and forum and I also google for the pattern without any results. Any help would be great. Thanks

Hi big foot I am glad to see that you like my Poor Bills Wham Pous Cat so well...This is kinda my own Fly.....It was named by me after my father...

Here are my the tying Instructions....

1...I Used a Mustad #4 80300 Hook which are not made anymore.....

2...I put a small wined of thread foward the bend to the point .....

3...mount 4 to 6 Feathers on the hook shank on the Wind of thread.....

4....Then put feathers in front of the others wind a collar .....

5....Then Tye six feathers in front by the tips and pull back and tye off....

.....then spin and stack deer Hair to about the half way mark and then pull the tyed back feathers forward Tye and then Spin deer hair in to a cup put glue on cup and form and trim

there you go boys.....I hope you Guys like it boys

FlySlinger

Thanks for the tying instructions on the poor bills wham pocus cat Fly Slinger. I'll tie a few of these up for the upcoming season.

incredible ties.... Please ellaborate on "spin deerhair into a cup" i must know how you tie that, its absolutely brilliant and just what im looking for to make a fly that creates a noise! ;)

I would also like to know more about how to spin deer hair into a cup. :yahoo:

Hi Guys sorry it took so long to get back to you......Here is how you make the cup.....

1st you need long hair and you know when you get bye the hook ....you spin a bunch of hair if it is long it will spill over the eye you take some good Glue....I use 527 Beacon and I mix it with the deer Hair......Then I form the cup with the glue....with my fingers trim it and there you go.....

FlySlinger

Flyslinger thanks for the help. Sounds like it will be a messy tie but the end result will be worth it. I think I will attempt to tie some of these up over the weekend. :headbang: