Fly Tying
Flytyer14

Begginer Swap

Ok I am running a Beginner swap! So here's how it's gonna work, I'm gonna have 12 tyers that never joined a swap or who are beginner fly tyers in this swap. DON'T be afraid to join b/c of skill.. By joining the swap you'll get time on the vice tying 12 patterns of your choice,

you will tie 12 flies (all different) and send them to me in a SASE with POSTAGE!!! Also attach a recipe to each fly you tie! I'm gonna let 4 experienced tiers in on this aswell - just to mix it up :smoke: . So let's get this Party started :D

Swapmeister - Mark Varga

Mark, I like the idea of your swap... :headbang:

The only problem I see if having a new person tying 12 different patterns. I would think they would be better off just tying one of the same pattern 12 times? This way they get proficient tying the same pattern over & over again, and they have a choice of a pattern they have total confidence in tying. Buy having them tye up the 12 different ones, could be a struggle for some I would think? Or did I just read your wording in your post wrong? Good Luck with this swap..

You should move this to the Swap Forums

Valid point Rich5665.. I just noticed it was in the Fly Tying > Fly Tying Forums > The Fly Tying Bench.. :bugeyes:

I agree with you tying up 12 of the same pattern makes you a better tier but then again tying up different say two or three of different patterns would be a good swap to host for non beginners that way the swappers can get a more diverse selection of flies.

I'm in. This would be my first swap. I will do a few of each pattern. Not sure what just yet though.

Maybe if the swap is moved to the fly swaps page more people would see it for what it is? Hopefully. I was stoked to be in my first swap. I haven't been tying long enough to have the courage to join another with all experienced tiers, at least for the first one or two.

The only problem I see if having a new person tying 12 different patterns. I would think they would be better off just tying one of the same pattern 12 times? This way they get proficient tying the same pattern over & over again, and they have a choice of a pattern they have total confidence in tying. Buy having them tye up the 12 different ones, could be a struggle for some I would think? Or did I just read your wording in your post wrong? Good Luck with this swap..

Agreed B)

Ok...i have no idea why this is in the Fly tying bench. :( Hahah I'll move it.

I meant to write the same pattern 12 times sorry. (that must have been a weird day for me.... :P )

Well if you said i'm in over here your gonna have to say it again over there ;) Let's see this get going!