Fly Tying
Flytyer14

Begginer Swap

Ok I am running a Beginner swap! So here's how it's gonna work, I'm gonna have 12 tyers that never joined a swap or who are beginner fly tyers in this swap. DON'T be afraid to join b/c of skill.. By joining the swap you'll get time on the vice tying 12 patterns of your choice,

you will tie 12 flies and send them to me in a SASE with POSTAGE!!! Also attach a recipe to each fly you tie! I'm gonna let 4 experienced tiers in on this aswell - just to mix it up :smoke: . So let's get this Party started :ban: :ban: :yahoo:

1. Mybadhabit - Water Wasp

2. Firedad - Opal X caddis

3. Wasatch - TBD

4. sneektip - CDC Soft-hackle

5. Begginerflytyer - egg sucking Leech

6. Bugfliiner - Wooley Buggers

7. ikerajala - Clouser Minnows

8. gpd4 - Chamois Worms

9. NjFlyMan's relative - TBD

10. Guitarplayingfisherman - TBD

11. notenuftoys - Cased Caddis Pupae

Swapmeister - Mark Varga

DUE DATE - April 30th!

Hi Mark,

If you're still letting folks in, I'd like to get in with picket pins!

I rushed to get my flies out in the mail yesterday and I forgot to include the recipe with them. Hope thats ok. The recipe is:

Parachute Pheasant Tail

Hook: Dry Fly

Tail: Pheasant Tail

Body: Pheasant Tail

Rib: Fine Copper wire

Wing: White McFlyon/Calf Tail/Poly

Hackle: Brown

Sorry about that.

Uhhh... Mine are done but I don't know what to do with them :crying: ... lol.... I was going to ship yesterday but recounted and only had 10 flies. Do I put a few bucks in for you to ship the flies out when u get it? I gotta get to the post office before they close. I didn't realize it was saturday til just now :o

Are they all there yet? (lol) I am really anxious to see what some of these are and get new recipes. Just wanted to say thanks for hosting the swap also. Look forward to seeing all the new additions to my fly box, so thanks to all who participated.

Blane

I got more today, from BegginerFlytyer. Although I still only have 8 sets. If they are not mailed by the the 5th then I will have to take you out of the swap (this is a message for everyone!). I will send the extra flies back to their owners unless otherwise stated by them here. Thank you all.

-Mark

Flytyer14..My relative told me you can keep the swap flies & the postage stamps. He sad he would like you to have some extra flies for trout fishing this spring.. Thanks for hosting the swap! He said he had fun tying them flies up. So that's what counts!!! NJF

You can keep the extras. This being my first swap, I didn't think to send extras like I would have wanted to as a Thanks for hosting.

Not a problem! I'm glad you joined! It's made you more active on the forum, and hopefully i'll see you in some more swaps!