Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Catalpa_Joe

Where's My Stored PM's

The new format has apparently deleted all my stored PM's. Any chance that they will ever get restored? Deleting them without warning is just plain **###???unprofessional!!!!

I have been looking into the PM issue. There were over 200,000 private messages that the software tried to convert to the new way they are stored. As the upgrade process was going on it appeared that everything was going smooth. All of the topics, posts, forums and members transitioned flawlessly but it appears the PMs did not fair so well.

As far as calling me "unprofessional", well, all I can say is that deleting private messages was not my intention and was something that I personally didn't do. All I can do is apologize. My intentions were certainly not to piss anybody off, I was only trying to enhance the security of the forum to help protect against hackers and spammers while giving you guys some new features to enjoy.

Will

Well gee whiz Will, what the heck do you do around here? I mean besides providing us with a FREE place to meet and talk to like minded fly fisherfolks, put on a FREE (as in no entry fees) fly tying contest every year for us, put out the online "Hatches" articles (again ...FREE),put out a yearly magazine that is astoundingly "professional" looking, all this besides having a real job and family to attend to....well, what do you do Will?

pro·fes·sion·al

   [pruh-fesh-uh-nl] Show IPA

–adjective

following an occupation as a means of livelihood or for gain: a professional builder.

Uh....I guess that would kinda eliminate you from that classification, seeing as there were so many "FREE" things in my ramblings above, you could not be trying to make it your livelihood. Therefor it is this courts decision that you must be "unprofessional" :lol: ;)

Will, My gripe is not with your efforts to make this a better & more secure site, it's the fact that it was done without any warning. I don't like surprises like this & would have invested the time to copy the now missing info. I guess you'll just have to chalk it up to experience for the next upgrade.