Fly Tying
oatka

An Awesome Bass Morning

Last Saturday a friend of mine and I got out for some early morning bass fishing. He hasn't been out a lot lately because his daughter needs a lot of attention, so it was great to see the fish were willing to cooperate.

He caught 17, I caught 27, most were bass. We spent about 2.5 hours fishing and it was the most productive bass fishing I've had this year!

IMAG1051.jpg

IMAG1055.jpg

We used some of the new poppers I've been tying. He started with a foam spider fly, but quickly learned he needed to switch up to a popper to get more hits!

If interested, more info and photos on the blog.

Nice work. Are you guys going to show me some bass honey holes when I move to Rochester in September?

Also, my shirt has the GPF logo on the back of it...

Looks like a good time Mike. Is that a pond on someone property that you know or something? just wondered because of the house in the background so close to it.

Steve

Will - Absolutely! Let me know when you move into town and I'll get some spots to you, or we'll head out together!

Steve - it's a retention pond in a new housing development. I didn't know anyone who lives there until I started fishing, but I'm meeting a few of the neighbors.

That's hard to beat! Must have been a kick. In saying it is the most productive trip of the year, you make it sound like you expect other trips this year to be more productive!? Man, I haven't had a trip that productive in two years! and before that Sept in 2009, it was about 10 years!

So, did you start working on another batch of poppers yet?

Kirk

Kirk - I hope all my trips this year are as equally productive....I'll be happy with that. I have more poppers that have been painted, but need epoxy and some feathers, then they are ready to go. If I take the same friend again I'll need to get tying more sooner than later since he lost one for me! :lol: