Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
petelangevin

Pamola fly lathe

The man who was making the pamola lathe was older. Perhaps he retired. Maybe someone could start making these again. I am sure the design plans could be obtained if he is still alive. It was made before its time.

I finally opened one of my boxes of vises from storage. Lo and behold, the Pamola was in that box.

I am posting a couple photos. I believe a couple folks might be interested in buying. There is a little rust on the rotary clip on arm. Otherwise, I think it is rust free. Looks very good to me anyway.

First 400.

Thanks,

Byron

photo-15.jpg

photo-17.jpg

photo-16.jpg

photo-18.jpg

Byron...

Can you please describe the jaw function... how it grasps/holds the hook...

and the feel of the rotational movement... smooth... metal on metal or nylon bushings or ball bearings...

This is sort'a like buying a pair of shoes without trying them on...

How does it compare with the upscale vises of today that we are familiar with?

Thanks

Pete

Byron...

Can you please describe the jaw function... how it grasps/holds the hook...

and the feel of the rotational movement... smooth... metal on metal or nylon bushings or ball bearings...

This is sort'a like buying a pair of shoes without trying them on...

How does it compare with the upscale vises of today that we are familiar with?

Thanks

Pete

It is buttery smoothe. But it is not a spinning vise like the Norvise. The same handle opens and closes the stainless steel jaws

Hard to explain

Paypal...

'just say the word and I'll send you the $$$...

'standing by to stand by to start the adoption process...

Upton, isn't very far from Kape Kodistan here in the People's Republik of Taxachusetts...

I've spoken to some long time Upton locals to find out more about the origins of Pamola and the eventual demise...

The vise is an obscure piece of local history from a specialty basement business that didn't make the cut and eventually passed on...

From what I've been able to gather, the prevailing story line seems to lean towards a limited production facility driven by Brewster Newton Jr, perhaps a better machinist than book keeper...

Good intentions and an innovative design were overshadowed by unexpected challenges and unforeseen obstacles and the Pamola eventually folded...

Now it's a curious collectable tool and a unique piece of kinetic sculpture with an industrial flavour that's pleasing to my eye...

would'a could'a should'a...

'looking to give it a new home and some exercise...

'standing by for newz...

Whatever happened with this old post about the Paloma Vise? Did it sell and were blueprints ever found? I saw one for the first time last week and was impressed.

Hi,

I have this vise and I am inquiring for sale.
The copy is new and was purchased by my friend fisherman innovation this is.
The problem, I live in Euroque, in Belgium

You can make an offer.

Sorry my English is bad

mohet

Whatever happened with this old post about the Paloma Vise? Did it sell and were blueprints ever found? I saw one for the first time last week and was impressed.
Hi,

I have this vise and I am inquiring for sale.

The copy is new and was purchased by my friend fisherman innovation this is.

The problem, I live in Euroque, in Belgium

You can make an offer.

Sorry my English is bad

mohet

I am interested in your Pamola vise. Please offer me your price as soon as possible. If you want me to make you an offer I really have no idea what is worth. Anyway, I await your news.

Thank you

John Pirrello

Jpfisher

[email protected]

you would probably be better off keeping your eye on ebay for a used one rather than waiting for someone to buy the patent and start producing them again