Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
jfinn

Breathable Waders

I have a question regarding breathable wader. Two out of the last 3 times I have gone out fishing I have been wet when I take my waders off. I went just as deep everytime the only difference is the two times I was wet I spent 3 plus hours straight in the water without getting out. Is there any type of saturation time involved with breathables meaning there is a max time you can spend in the water before they are compromised and could leak? I used rubing alcohol and looked for a hole and couldn't find one. Any thoughts would be great.

Joel

I use mine all the time and if you don't have a hole you shouldn't be wet unless you sweat allot . The last pair I had a hole in I found them by going in a dark room and looking from the inside with a flash light.

Kevin

Another way to find leaks is to turn them inside out and hold them off the ground. Fill them with water up to the highest wet point. Watch for the leak and circle it with a marker. Let them dry then apply aquaseal to the circled spot. If there are no leaks it more than likely your sweat.

Another way to find leaks is to turn them inside out and hold them off the ground. Fill them with water up to the highest wet point. Watch for the leak and circle it with a marker. Let them dry then apply aquaseal to the circled spot. If there are no leaks it more than likely your sweat.

OR, use a vacuum cleaner in reverse and fill the waders tight with air and then put the legs in a water filled tub to find a bubble.

Mine get a little wet with condensation at the bottom of the waders.

It was only 50 degrees out and I was in 48 degree water I doubt in sweating. I tried the flashlight and filled them with water but didn't have then inside out would the make a difference