Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
FlyFishin'Jam

Fall run bows

Had some crazy rain lately which blew out most rivers and has made fishing rather difficult just to get the fly down, the cold wet conditions are fine if you are bundled up and its still so nice to spend a day on the river even if the fish are few and far between.

Today managed 2 small steelbows, very fresh and shiny fish and probably straight from the lake.

post-29540-0-84643900-1319261430_thumb.jpg

post-29540-0-55514300-1319261459_thumb.jpg

Sometimes the fishing was so difficult i considered using this WW2 Sherman Tank

post-29540-0-11158200-1319261489_thumb.jpg

I love swinging streamers and am looking forward to more of these pretty fish!

Beautiful fish. It sure looks cold up there, I can't imagine what your January is like

By then its bloody cold and most things are frozen over LOL. Canadian fly fishers give new meaning to the term ice fishing.

Nice steelies there Mike.

Marc

I still have the Aussie blood so anything colder than 15C starts to affect me! Do hope there is another warm spell or two before everything is frozen. At least we get an extended 'tying' season :)

Was funny, went out again yesterday swinging streamers into deeper holes as the levels had dropped considerably, the little piece of tungsten putty i rolled onto my leader to help it get down, they kept smacking it! Probably should have been using a nymph.