Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Tailn'Jax

Late Summer/Early Fall Redfishing

Its been a little while since I have posted a report on here. The fishing has been fantastic and is only getting better as the weather turns and the water cools this fall. August and September were great months, although dirty water persisted throughout. I was able to get out for a few low tides, but most of my time was spent fishing flood tides. I had some exceptional evenings in the flood grass, with a couple really memorable experiences. There was not a night I didn't at least get a shot at some fish, and I typically found them thick before it was all said and done. We hit a few morning tides as well in the yaks, but most of my fishing was on foot.

P9030507.jpg

new area, bright skies and clear water made these fish very hard to approach

2011-09-28_08-25-59_281.jpg

P9280001-1.jpg

took a buddy out in the marsh for the first time and he was exposed to this immediately, he's now an addict

P9280004-1.jpg

first red on fly

2011-09-28_08-26-05_646.jpg

waiting on water

2011-09-28_09-12-48_437.jpg

2011-09-28_11-35-38_437.jpg

PA010006.jpg

low tide tournament day red

PA010008.jpg

PA010026.jpg

PA290048.jpg

PA290058.jpg

I've been doing some meat fishing as well with the flounder run in full swing, this guy came on a spinner bait in some heavy current on the edge of a sandy bank one morning before a flood tide...

PA290043.jpg

We've also been doing some travelling as well, and hit the NMZ down in Merrit Island for a couple of days. The conditions were horrible, but we made the most of it caught some fantastic reds and trout...

PA210032.jpg

PA210037.jpg

PA210040.jpg

019.jpg

Hope you guys enjoy the pics, its cooling off down here, the fish are biting, and the game is moving. Its my favorite time of year, splitting time on the water and in the woods. I hope everyone is sticking some good ones, be they on land or in water. Have a great weekend. Good fishing.

Ryan

Thanks for the pics.....ive actually been wondering where you had gone cause i hadnt seen any reports or posts from you. Nice job on the reds! like the purple nautilus, looks good.