Fly Tying
breambuster

Bluegill Swap Club For January

The "Theme" for January is "Topwater." Any topwater pattern is welcome. They can be cork, plastic, balsa wood, etc, poppers, or they can be foam flies, or they can be clipped deer/elk hair, etc. Of they can be more like a traditional dry fly. A humply pattern comes to mind. Anything that floats. As much as possible, I would appreciate this one month, if you would hold off sending in your flies until after January 10, which is the due date for the "Learn A New Pattern Swap" which I am running. This is to help avoid any confusion on my part.

Thanks

1. Breambuster - SM - Predator.

2. Riffleriversteelheadslayer - Deer Hair Tom - Received

3. Famill00 - Foam Spider - Received

4. Bluegill576 - Foam Ant - Received

5. Fly Willy - Green Klinkhammer - Received

6. NJ All Day - Replied. Will Be A Little Late. Family Issues

7. Lukemccoy - Received

8. Dreamcaster4639 - BG Hopper - Received

9. Andydoc - Phil's Popper - In The Mail

10. FrequentTyer - Bluegill Cricket - Recieved

11. Fshrmanms - Popper - Received

12.Foambug

Take care

BB

BB I just started back tying flies again. I hate I missed joining the swap club. Maybe I can get in if someone drops out.

ok I decided on a pattern taking a note from your last swap I decided to learn a new pattern again but I have a leg upon yhis one being I am proficient in deer hair I am going to do the deer hair Tom and as a bonus I am going to use eyes made by Floyd the creater of this pattern

OK, this is going to be a multipurpose reply. First, Nealbo, it's great to see you back on the forum. Sorry you missed out on getting in on this one from the top. It's been a while since we have swapped together and I have missed having you around. There is already one person on the waiting list, but you will be second on the list.

Famil00, I have caught both 'gills and LMB on the foam spider. It's a great pattern.

Looking forward to seeing your popper andydoc. BTW are you a medical Dr? Do you have a specialty?

Riff. that deer hair popper sounds like a goody. I've never seen anything that came out of your vice or Floyd's that wasn't first rate.

Take care

BB

wellmine isn't a popper its a dry fly kind of cool little fly I received a couple from Floyd a year or so ago as a bonus in a swap I was hosting and I caught 3 dozen fish in a couple of hours I had gills coming clear out of the water to grab it before it ever hit the water including a 12 inch pound and a half gill

only a 'doc' by surname...dochterman. Dutch for 'wickmaker' but my heritage is from Germany. I am a test engineer for John Deere...but my mom always said I would be famous if a hospital could say...'paging doctor dochterman'...i'll leave that up to my kids.

here you go BB 11 hairy toms ready to go I photographed one so you all could see it

post-10925-0-49847500-1325992983_thumb.jpg

Recipe

Hook: sz 10 dry fly

thread: 6/0 white

tail: deer hair tips color of top half of body coated with flexament

body: deer hair stacked and trimmed 2 contrasting colors

wing: natural deer hair tips fanned out like a collar

eye: mono eyes

head: deer hair same color as top half of body spun and trimmed