Fly Tying
sherrib

Favorite trout nymph swap

Just got back from putting the flies in the mail. I even remembered to include toe tags for this swap. :)

Sherri, I included a couple of extra for your cause and also a couple of other producers for the Lower Illinois. In my group of fishing buddies we call them Rick's River Crack. I included a Yellow one and a Pink one.

Thanks for hosting the swap.

Just got back from putting the flies in the mail. I even remembered to include toe tags for this swap. :)

Sherri, I included a couple of extra for your cause and also a couple of other producers for the Lower Illinois. In my group of fishing buddies we call them Rick's River Crack. I included a Yellow one and a Pink one.

Thank you in advance. I just recently started fishing there again. I was off for a year with my daughter who was injured in a wreck and then when I came back the fishing wasn't so great there. If you don't mind me asking are you from near there?

Sherri B

Mine are in the mail along with 9 dozen extra. I have a lot of inventory left from when I did contract tying for numerous shops around Montana. I did an extra dozen of the swap fly and put in 8 dozen of flies that I thought would help in a good cause.

Mine are in the mail along with 9 dozen extra. I have a lot of inventory left from when I did contract tying for numerous shops around Montana. I did an extra dozen of the swap fly and put in 8 dozen of flies that I thought would help in a good cause.

man, you really raised the bar for extras, now i'm going to "have to" tie an extra dozen or two :)

WOW! Thank you!

Thank you in advance. I just recently started fishing there again. I was off for a year with my daughter who was injured in a wreck and then when I came back the fishing wasn't so great there. If you don't mind me asking are you from near there?

Sherri B

Sherri, I live in Owasso, OK. Just north of Tulsa. The Lower Illinois is the closest trout stream that I can get to. It's an hour and a half from my driveway to my boots in the water fishing. :) Have a look at The OzarkAnglers Forum. It is a great resource for the Lower Illinois fishing reports as well as all of the Rivers, Lakes and Tailwaters in the Ozarks.

Recieved Daddy O's and Fishingbobnelsons today, thanks for the extras guys and the flys are amazing!

Recieved BBBruce today. Thank you for so many extras! And I cannot wait to try this nymph where I fish!

Pink Scuds (dead ones)

Size 12 Scud Hook (Use size 10 - 18)

Silver wire

Clear Scud back

Dubbing (mix of pink antron and pink ice dub)

Tan thread

Enjoy!

-Forrest

PinkScud.jpg

Are my flies still not there? I'm beginning to wonder if they made it...... Should be the first time it takes so long :angry:

Are my flies still not there? I'm beginning to wonder if they made it...... Should be the first time it takes so long :angry:

Haven't seen them yet Herman but there is a package at the post office waiting for me with postage due, so maybe that is it.