Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
rockworm

Canadian Flyshops Online

I just received my first order of feathers and such at my new Canadian address. Since it was from a US retailer it was delayed by customs and I had to pay duty. Can you canucks point me in the direction of some good online Canadian suppliers? Thanks in advance.

Well, that's a pretty good start. Doaks looks like a go-to place for basic salmon/steelhead fly material like Partridge irons and silk floss, but lacks in avian-derived products. Canadian Llama appears to be a good place to buy Daiichi hooks, beads and cones. iFlyshop appears to be a bit better stocked. Thanks so much for getting me started here.

Now, does anyone know of Canadian sources of seal dubbing, gamebird skins and Whiting necks?

Michael & Young usually has some seals fur.

Fly Mart Canada is another one you could check out, but most of my supplies come from J Stockard.

Usually only a week to my door. Keep the order under $150 and you won't normally get nailed for duty.

Michael & Young usually has some seals fur.

Fly Mart Canada is another one you could check out, but most of my supplies come from J Stockard.

Usually only a week to my door. Keep the order under $150 and you won't normally get nailed for duty.

Sam

Thanks for your help. I will look into Michael and Young and Fly Mart Canada. If I can avoid duty I will continue to use Stockard, Whitewater Flies, and other favourite US suppliers.

I just received my first order of feathers and such at my new Canadian address. Since it was from a US retailer it was delayed by customs and I had to pay duty. Can you canucks point me in the direction of some good online Canadian suppliers? Thanks in advance.

You could try Johns fly materials he is in London Ont. and he seems to get most of the stuff that I need and doesn't take long to get it to you.He is really good to deal with.

You could try The Fly Box. (flybox.ca). His orders are prompt and his prices are good. Nice guy as well.

Welcome :P Where abouts are you located, east or west? These guys have a nice selection of stuff, for salt and fresh http://www.thefirstcast.ca/index.html

I think just email them with what you need and they will sort you out.

Thanks John. Thanks Jam. Nice selection of material between those two stores. But I do wish the First Cast posted their prices.