Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
islandfisher

Green Intruder

Good Fly. A good variation on a waddington shank. Not heard of the pins before but looked them up and very cheap. How are you fixing the hook in?

Hook is looped onto 30lb backing. Thread is wrapped up shank and glued, then the backing is tied in from the tail to the eye of the hook, then the tag ends passed back through the eye, and wrapped back to the tail. The eyes are then tied in, followed by a coat of crazy glue.

Hook is looped onto 30lb backing. Thread is wrapped up shank and glued, then the backing is tied in from the tail to the eye of the hook, then the tag ends passed back through the eye, and wrapped back to the tail. The eyes are then tied in, followed by a coat of crazy glue.

So the hook can't be swapped about? Could you push a length of silicon tube over the end and push hook into that with line treaded through hook eye and then pin eye? That way you could swap between trebles singles and doubles.

Nice intruder variation B)

There is the expensive way with the stainless steel 'articulated shanks' from the flymen company who do those fish skulls too.

Piker20, looks like islandfisher is from BC - so it is against the law to use trebles or doubles there, it's usually 'single barbless hook only'

which reminds me i can't wait to be there in August!

The pins are stainless steel. The hoop is looped onto the backing loop tied on the shank, so yes you can swap out hooks.

Any chance of postage a pic of an undressed pin to show that. I'm having brain melt and can't think that through. :blink:

That links great. I have seen that technique before but never used it in my tying and the written word didn't stir the old brain cells for me. I will look at the pins and maybe tie up some prawn patterns for salmon.