Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Rhen

Hello from East Tennessee

Hi all. I have been fly fishing for about 50 years and tying for the last 20. I really enjoy both and now that I am retired, I have more time for both and we are blessed with great fishing here in the Northeast TN area. I am looking forward to learning a bunch from you guys about new or different fishing techniques and fly tying. I figure no one is too old to learn.

Rhen-

Welcome to this forum. I think you will enjoy it as there is great information here, and tyiers post new flys almost every day.

I can attest that you live close to some AWESOME tailwater fishing in E. Tn. My wife & I used to live in KY, and we would regularly fish the Cumberland (before the dam repairs), the Clinch (a.k.a. the Grinch), South Holston, Holston, and Watauga River, and the Davidson in W. NC.

May I ask exactly where you live?

Bill

Welcome to the forum. I've been fly fishing and tying for 50 years also, and it's a good thing I'm not to old to learn - with all the stuff I'm forgetting on a daily basis, I need all the help I can get just to stay even with the current. Hope you enjoy the site.

Rhen-

Welcome to this forum. I think you will enjoy it as there is great information here, and tyiers post new flys almost every day.

I can attest that you live close to some AWESOME tailwater fishing in E. Tn. My wife & I used to live in KY, and we would regularly fish the Cumberland (before the dam repairs), the Clinch (a.k.a. the Grinch), South Holston, Holston, and Watauga River, and the Davidson in W. NC.

Bill

Thank you for the Welcome. I live in Greeneville, about 9 miles from Paint Creek where you can still catch native brookies. I fish mostly the S. Holston.

Where do you live now?

Welcome to the forum. I've been fly fishing and tying for 50 years also, and it's a good thing I'm not to old to learn - with all the stuff I'm forgetting on a daily basis, I need all the help I can get just to stay even with the current. Hope you enjoy the site.

Thank you. One thing good about growing old and forgetting things is that now when you hear about the old things you forgot, you think you are learning something new. :D

Rhen-

Bill

Thank you for the Welcome. I live in Greeneville, about 9 miles from Paint Creek where you can still catch native brookies. I fish mostly the S. Holston.

Where do you live now?

The SoHo is a fantastic river, love it when the sulphurs are hatching, and the bows & browns hit anything that remotely looks yellow. We would fish from the weir dam all the way down to Ringhold. Easy access to the river for wade fishing. We'd usually stay in Johnson City which is close to you.

We live in the Dallas area now, which means a long drive to get to some coldwater.

Bill

Rhen-

Bill

Where do you live now?

The SoHo is a fantastic river, love it when the sulphurs are hatching, and the bows & browns hit anything that remotely looks yellow. We would fish from the weir dam all the way down to Ringhold. Easy access to the river for wade fishing. We'd usually stay in Johnson City which is close to you.

We live in the Dallas area now, which means a long drive to get to some coldwater.

Bill

Maybe you can retire back over here. There aren't too many places better for retirement especially during the troubling times we have now. The Sulphurs are already coming off. They started about 2 weeks ago. Everything is early this year. Looks like it is going to be a great year.

Rhen-

Bill

Where do you live now?

Bill

Maybe you can retire back over here. There aren't too many places better for retirement especially during the troubling times we have now. The Sulphurs are already coming off. They started about 2 weeks ago. Everything is early this year. Looks like it is going to be a great year.

Dang it Rhen, you are one lucky dude. Within two hours, you can be standing in any number of E. Tn. tailwaters flinging flies at them. Go pound them for me, please. I'll be with you in spirit.

Hey Rhen,

My Dad lives in E. TN as well. He fishes the Holston and Wataga too. I spent a week with him a few years back and we hit the Wataga and had a blast. I hope to be in the area next summer for a bit of fishing and Lying..

Gunprofessor "Chuck"