Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
bassbuster

Bass Streamer swap

I am looking for your favorite bass streamers, whether they are baitfish, craw patterns, clousers, or any thing that is good sized and produces some good fish. The requirements being that the fly is tied on a size 8 or larger hook, the fly total in lenght is more than an inch long (bigger is always better in my mind for bass) and that they have a sub-surface presentation. I will be tying a rather large fly the Half and Half (half desiever and half clouser minnow) which I have had tremendous results with, so be sure to send a large enough box to house a fly around 3.5 to 5 inches long. cause thats what your gonna get LOL.

ME: chartruse half and half

1: rich mc 5 inch orange and brown ultimate worm

2: Piker20 Deep Wiggler var RECIEVED

3: Li'lDave Size 4 Olive and Tan Shrimp RECIEVED

4: famill00 Red and white Seaducer RECIEVED

5: bluegill576 Clouser Minnow

6: hambone870 Whislter

I am would like to have them in by the end of June. I am not always able to get online as of lately so if you see an open spot jump on it and I will fill them as I can.

I look forward to seeing your flys

Guest rich mc

ill start it up with my ultimate worm 5 inch orange and brown rich mc

Yeah ok I'm in with a Deep Wiggler variation. Probably on a 1 or 1/0 if thats not too big.

Good luck in this one fellas.... Would love to participate with a shrimp pattern ive been experimenting with.... But I doubt id be able to meet the deadline being in oz....

Looks like a good swap and cant wait to see the pics.... Fished one of richmcs worms the other week and I gotta say I love the action!

Yeah ok I'm in with a Deep Wiggler variation. Probably on a 1 or 1/0 if thats not too big.

Never!! I have a few flys that are in the 6/0 area. I'm not afraid to throw a whole pelt tied to a hook lol.

Big bait means big fish, most of the time that is.

Ok.

You drive a hard bargain bass buster!

I'm in with a 2in long size 4 olive and tan shrimp with bead chain eyes...

Look forward to seeing the ties guys.

Will try to have them tied this weekend.

I just finished up my ties and I will post a pic as soon as I can figure out how to get them uploaded on here lol. I don't have my old method anymore. They average in the 4 inch range on a size 2/0 mustad true turn bronze hook.

They look good mate.

Are they chartruesse? Or olive? Or is it just the lighting? Either way I reckon there are a few barramundi round these parts that might try to eat one of those....

PS. Have had to up size to a #1 but they dont look too bad

I am in on this one! I will tie a fly that has been used since the 1800's. According to Bob Clouser, the fly's originator is unknown. It was originally called the Red and White Hackle, but is more commonly known as a Seaducer. I will tie these on a Mustad 3366 hook, probably in size 4 or 6 depending on which I have more stock of. Bass Pro doesn't carry the Mustad hooks anymore so they are harder for me to get ahold of and that is what I tie all my Clouser Minnows on. I have 20 poppers to finish up this morning, then I will start on these. I should be fine on the June 15th close date, but others may need until the end of June. I am sure everyone will post their time restraints if they have any.

Thanks for setting this one up!

-Forrest

Well mine are packaged up and will be posted Monday.

Just so you don't waste a trip to the post office, they are closed on Monday Piker.

-Forrest

Well mine are packaged up and will be posted Monday.

Just so you don't waste a trip to the post office, they are closed on Monday Piker.

-Forrest

Not here in UK Forrest. ;)