Fly Tying
hopperfisher

From Colorado

Hi there, I'm from the Dallas area of TX originally and moved to CO about 5 1/2 years ago and haven't looked back. I started fly fishing in TX for bass and bluegill and switched to trout in CO. I just rcently started putting a tying kit together and this site has been insturmental in that process. I'm still waiting for my stuff to come in from various sources and my mind is constantly reeling about what patterns I want to tie when I gt my stuff.

I mostly fish creeks right now but have been venturing into some bigger rivers (sounds wierd but bigger water intimidates me). I caught a 24 inch brown (4 1/2 lbs and my biggest ever!) a few weeks ago on a slump buster that my buddy tied (pretty proud of that one). Anyhoo, that's about it, I appreciate this site so much already even though I'm a noob here!!

Welcome! 1)Post your flies and take the critiques in the manner they are given, to help you improve. 2) join every swap you can to force yourself to tie lots of 12 or more flies and to watch your techniques. 3) listen to RRSHS....simple to learn the techniques and then expand...

Bet that was a culture shock, from Texas to Colorado...kinda like me from Florida to Nova Scotia... :lol:

Murray