Fly Tying
Sur3-Shot

Sur3-Shot

Im sorta newish to flies cause i just tie them. I dont know wat to call em or wat but everyone i know loves them.

Please lemmy know how to improve

IMHO you have the tying part down pretty pat. This is the place to be if you want to learn more patterns (check out the database), and I would say it's high time to get them into the water to get the true judgement of your tying....the fishes!

Murray

p.s. WELCOME ABOARD!

IMHO you have the tying part down pretty pat. This is the place to be if you want to learn more patterns (check out the database), and I would say it's high time to get them into the water to get the true judgement of your tying....the fishes!

Murray

p.s. WELCOME ABOARD!

Thanks man add me

I just came across this old post and realized something was wrong- I'd seen some of these flies before. This forces me to ask: is a single picture that you have posted of a fly that "you" tied actually yours? The thing is, there is no point in posting pictures of someone else's fly and then asking how to improve. Since you didn't tie it, the resulting tips are almost worthless as they don't apply to you.You've done this in multiple posts, and it betrays the trust of members of this forum in addition to not being worth the time it took you to find the photos or post them.

This is the origin of the third picture:

http://swittersb.wordpress.com/2008/11/02/wet-fly-woven-bodies-for-nymphs-and-wets/

and the fourth:

http://www.bigyflyco.com/pmdwetfly-detail.htm

In almost all of your fly pictures the vise holding the fly or the mechanism holding it is different. It's not hard to tell when pictures posted don't match up.

Some of the flies you have posted in the past may be yours, and this forum is a great resource to learn and grow. I just don't like seeing things like this.

I am just talking about how some teens are insecure and try to impress different social groups or their peers. Not all 16 year old's are alike, just a lot of them;-)

Its not a very honest thing of him to do, and I think the shame and embarrassment of getting caught red handed may smarten Sur3-shot up a bit.

I am just talking about how some teens are insecure and try to impress different social groups or their peers. Not all 16 year old's are alike, just a lot of them;-)

Its not a very honest thing of him to do, and I think the shame and embarrassment of getting caught red handed may smarten Sur3-shot up a bit.

I know what you mean. I hope this does serve as a lesson about what not to do.

i just wanted to fit in right away im sorry guys. I feel like death is in order.

That is a big time over reaction. Talk to someone if these feelings are serious. I hope you are messing with us, but if you are serious this is disturbing and you need professional help.

i just wanted to fit in right away im sorry guys. I feel like death is in order.

You will fit in just fine by being yourself and nothing else. Don't take credit for someone else's work. As you've seen, you WILL be called out on it. The folks on here are pretty smart. Additionally, lots of members are happy to go WAY above and beyond to help new tiers improve.

One can get away with talking a lot of BS around here (they haven't banned ME yet...), but a statement like that, in context of some other emotional posts you've made, is troubling.