Fly Tying
breambuster

Bluegill Swap Club - January Thread

I have been out of town for a few days and just got home today. While I was away, we received 3 sets of flies. Yesterday, there was a set from ChefBen. This is a very pretty fly. Almost too pretty to throw at 'gills, but I betting they are a winner. Can't wait to fish them.

Today, we received two more sets. One is from IMX. Very nice! Looking forward to trying these out. And another set from Famill00. San Juan Worms. Always a great pattern. Thanks, guys, for getting your flies in and, as always, thanks for the extras.

Take care

BB

Hey Folks...I'm sorry to be behind, January has not been kind to us. I am striving to have them in the mail by monday.

We received another set of flies today, and they sure are great looking fish catchers. Ristarwen, do you live in Plainsboro, NJ? I think this set is yours. No toe tags, but don't worry, I've got your 6. I just want to make sure I give the right person credit.

BB

Bream! Glad you got em! That fly was just me staring at my vise and my supplies and putting it on a hook!

Sorry, I haven't put up the Feb thread yet. I'll do that right now. In the meantime, here is the list for the whole year.

January – Bead Head

February – Damsel Fly/Dragon Fly Nymph Or Scud/CzechNymph/Grub/etc

March – Learn a New Pattern

April – Rubber Legs

May – Terrestrial

June – Your Favorite Bluegill Fly

July – Peacock Herl

August – May Fly/Caddis Fly Any Stage

September – Learn ANOTHER New Pattern

October – Bead Chain Eyes/Mono Eyes

November – Any Nymph

December – Anything You Want

BB

I have updated the original post to show that all the flies have been received except Yetavon. He sent me a PM a few days ago to say that he has had a tough month, but he was going to try to get them tied over this past weekend, but I haven't heard from him today. As soon as I get his flies, I'll divide them up and get them back to all of you. It's going to be a great set. Wait until you see them, and you will be agreeing with me.

Take care

BB

Yetavon's flies arrived today and they are Nice. That completes the set for January. I've got to be out of town for most of the day tomorrow, and I'll be tied up Saturday morning & out PO closes at Noon. I'll do my best to get them in the mail by Monday at the latest.

Thanks, everyone.

BB

After attending two funerals today and working all the rest of the day before, between & after funerals, I was able to get the flies divided up tonight. So I should be in good shape to get them to the Post Office and headed back to you guys on Monday. They are a very nice set. Thanks, everyone for the extras!

Take care

BB

Hey Guys, just wanted to let you know that the January flies are in the mail and headed your way. Most of you had already taken care of the extra postage, and all I owed was $.26. And I think that was two or more swappers. Needless to say, we aren't going to worry about that. It looks like the standard package with an Altoid's tin of flies is now going to cost $2.07, rather than $1.95.

February's pattern is your choice between either a Damselfly/Dragonfly pattern or a Scud/Czech Nymph/Grub-type pattern. I'm going to be attempting to tie a Damselfly pattern I saw in a magazine recently. If I can't get that to work for me, I'll either tie a Swamp Monster or a Pink Scud. Let's all go ahead and get busy with these and see if we can't all get our flies in on time. BassMouth is sending his 3 months at a time, so we already have his and they are neat looking flies.

Take care

BB

Bream: I still have to get postage straightened out with you for this year, I get paid Friday so will send you a bit more then we agreed upon to help offset the increased cost of postage. I am working hard on the next three sets, cannot wait to see what everyone has tied up!