Fly Tying
famill00

Smallmouth/Largemouth Monthly Swap - MARCH

I have everyone's flies except for eugward's, which I expect any time this week. I have a confession to make. For the past few days I have been on the trout streams of the Great Smoky Mountain National Park. I had been tying like crazy to be prepared for that trip, and I do not have my poppers done. I will do my best to finish them up this morning as I am working from home today. I then have a business trip this week and will not be home until Wed or Thurs, so it may be Fri/Sat before I get your flies back out to you, but I will get them back to you as fast as possible.

-Forrest

The last set of flies are in! I am on a business trip so I will have the flies sorted and back to y'all on Saturday.

-Forrest

Your flies are on their way back to you. Joman and Rich, I have your flies per your requests.

Smokies fishing report:

3/28 Fished with Guide (Rob Fightmaster) - Sunny, but chilly. Water temps 44-48, few bugs, caught a few fish.

3/29 Fished alone. Rainy, chilly, very cloudy. Only caught a couple

3/30 Fished alone. Warmer! Sunnier! Water temps 48-51. Best day of fishing while I was there.

Caught alot of fish, but nothing of much size. 6" biggest fish. Lots 4-5" These are extremely fast fish. I missed way fewer than I caught.

-Forrest

I got mine thanks. And what did you think of my Popper? Kevin

Kevin, Very interesting design. Looking forward to fishing it. I expect it to move on the water very erratically when "popped".... I have wanted to try it on the pond out back, but with the wind I think I would need an 18 weight rod to cast effectively....

-Forrest