Fly Tying
famill00

Smallmouth/Largemouth Monthly Swap - MARCH

For March, those of us in the SMB/LMB tying club are going to be tying Poppers. Feel free to use any material to make your Popper. I hope to get a good combination of materials such as cork, deer hair, foam, etc. I also hope to get a good combination of sizes, so please, once you decide your material and size post it here! I will update the original post on this thread as sizes and materials are posted.

All swap rules apply:

* Send your flies in a container that is crushproof. Keep in mind that some of these flies may be larger than the ones you send in. Please send an appropriate size container.

*Toetag your flies with your screen name and the name of the fly. Also put on there "LMB/SMB Club" because it will help keep these flies separate from any other swaps.

* Include a self addressed stamped envelope for the return of your flies. Please do NOT send something that is metered. You must use real stamps or the post office will not accept it. I know, stupid rule on their part, but we have to follow it.

* Either post the recipe here or PM it to me. I will, each month, photo each fly and put the recipe with it on this thread.

1) Me - Swapmaster - Size 6 Foam (Kreb's Popper) -
2) Zachxbass - Size 6 Firetiger ( Spirit River Performance Head)
3) Eugward
4) Eastern fly
5) Joman - Size 2 Midnight Popper (Perfect popper head)
6) Rich mc - Gurgler Frog

-Forrest

Midnight Popper

Hook: perfect popper 2

Thread: Black polyester

Head: Perfect Popper painted Blue

Hackle: Black saddle

Tail: Black saddle

Mines gonna be a firefighter size 6. Spirit river performance popper body. Not sure on rest of the dressing yet but u get the idea

Hey guys, how are your flies going for this month? I have heard from Easternfly and Rich mc. Joman sent his in earlier in the year. How is everyone else doing? I myself am a little behind this month due to a fly fishing trip to the Smoky Mountains in TN. I will spend some extra time at the vise this weekend while waiting on new furniture to be delivered and try to get caught up. I will let y'all know when I get mine done.

-Forrest

How does one join this club? If there's room for another member, i would be interested. smile.png

Byron, these clubs usually start up around Nov/Dec of the prior year. There are a few going on here. What you are signing up for is 12 months of swaps. Due to the materials consumed in alot of these flies, we decided to keep it to 6 people this year. Next year we may expand to 10... Keep your eyes peeled for next year, or if someone needs to drop out I will post a thread on here asking for a replacement....at which time you could grab that spot for the rest of the year.

-Forrest

Guest rich mc

sendin out my frog gurlers and one of my worms for all to try outin the morning rich mc

How does one join this club? If there's room for another member, i would be interested. smile.png

Byron, these clubs usually start up around Nov/Dec of the prior year. There are a few going on here. What you are signing up for is 12 months of swaps. Due to the materials consumed in alot of these flies, we decided to keep it to 6 people this year. Next year we may expand to 10... Keep your eyes peeled for next year, or if someone needs to drop out I will post a thread on here asking for a replacement....at which time you could grab that spot for the rest of the year.

-Forrest

Thanks for the info Forrest. I will keep an eye out for opportunities for next year or for needed replacements this year if any should occur.

Just letting u know my flies were mailed day before yesterday. You should have them Monday at latest. I'm gonna try real hard to get next months done early

mine are being send on Saturday. Sorry this month has flown by. Are are deer hair popper. They are tied #2 3366 hooks. Olive marabou tail. Olive and black deer hair body.