Fly Tying
Ugly Bob

Grayling Fishing Locations

if I were looking for pure fight and excitement, I would fish for Chinook (King) Salmon or Coho (Silver) Salmon on the Kenai Peninsula.

well, sure, who wouldn't? Grayling are a "Bucket List" fish for the vast majority of fishermen.

if I were looking for pure fight and excitement, I would fish for Chinook (King) Salmon or Coho (Silver) Salmon on the Kenai Peninsula.

well, sure, who wouldn't? Grayling are a "Bucket List" fish for the vast majority of fishermen.

Very true. I have yet to land a muskie "the fish of a thousand casts" on my gear yet. I'm starting to think I'll end up leaving with my bucket empty.

I know a river where there are lots of this size grayling. It is Ichiginnyvayam R. at N 61*18', E 164*56'. Very pleasant to catch this fish with small dries in summer..

I don't see a trip to Russia for fly fishing trip in my near future. From what I've read and heard Russia offers some great fishing. The closest I've come to fishing in Russia, was as a boarding officer in the United States Coast Guard, when we boarded a Russian Fishing Vessel in the Bearing Sea in 1980.

slayed them this summer up in the yukon with dries, Ive also caught quite afew in nwt. very tasty and up to 4lb

Good Luck! 2014 will put me on the Little Chena outside of North Pole, Alaska, fishing for these little gems.

I got handed a pamphlet for this place in Michigan at a fly tying show a few weeks ago...looks pretty cool and they have grayling.

www.brookhaven-lake.com/

This is a great guy that owns this place. He supports our club to get youth out fly fishing "Brotherhood of the Jungle Cock" He has grayling and I know that he has that stocked with some monster Canadian Brookies too. We have members that have fished there and had a great time.

I think the Grayling is a very underrated fish, using the right gear (3wt or lighter) they are every bit as much fun to catch as anything I have caught, and they can nearly always be enticed to come up and play.

post-49906-0-17569800-1375973505_thumb.jpg

post-49906-0-40525100-1375973388_thumb.jpg