Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
dryfly purist

May fly emergers for a friend of mine......

I´m tying 160 dry files for a facebook friend so there has been little or no time for pictures lately, but i finally made time for a couple of pictures this evening :-) :-)

This is two may fly emergers out of 12 that is going his way :-)

8666476424_97b3a571a0_b.jpg

8666479152_75122d2834_b.jpg

Terje

Yeah, thats the best advert for a facebook I've heard. Might have to get the wife to friend you or whatever it is you kids do!

Thanks a lot, guys :-) :-)

Facebook is great when it comes to get in contact with fly fishermen and fly tiers across the world :-) :-)

Terje

Terje...that is a work of art...if I had to tie 160 of anything I would be out of circulation for a while too...let alone something like that one...the body detail is incredible...well so is the rest of the pattern...just plain excellent.

FB is OK...but there are a lot of posers and voyeurists there...nothing beats a goold old people conversation...somehow I like the forum deal better...one of the reasons I loved working in a fly fishing shop was just meeting so many folks...and talking flies...

all the best...ted

Terje...that is a work of art...if I had to tie 160 of anything I would be out of circulation for a while too...let alone something like that one...the body detail is incredible...well so is the rest of the pattern...just plain excellent.

FB is OK...but there are a lot of posers and voyeurists there...nothing beats a goold old people conversation...somehow I like the forum deal better...one of the reasons I loved working in a fly fishing shop was just meeting so many folks...and talking flies...

all the best...ted

Thanks a lot for your kind comment, Ted :-) :-)

I agree with you that nothing beats a good old people conversation but FB has made me able to get in contact with old friends from when i was i child and also new friends with the same interest in fly fishing and fly tying as i have :-)

I don´t spend a lot of time on FB but every once in a while i can communicate with people that are too far away to call. It´s kind of nice to be able to do that :-)

Terje

Oh My Goodness...it appears we actually have a conversation going on here...I was starting to think this forum was just sort of a "hit and run" operation...Thanks for responding...Its always great to get in touch with old friends...the internet has for sure helped me a lot in that area too...I am glad it has helped you as well...

unfortunately too many folks find their only encounters with other human beings in this meduium...that is sad...hooray for actually talking to friends...in person is for sure a bonus point!

but I will not discount the great folks I have met via the internet...not to mention all the skills I have learned from others experience...(ie patterns etc)

all the best...ted

lets keep this up...OK

Terge...is that a name from MonteNegro or similar??please dont be offended if I'm mistaken...I am just curious...many great anglers from that region...some beautiful water in that area too...I am just a by product of the Rocky Mountains...getting ready for agreat summer!

PS...is that top fly considered a "still born" emerger???...one that is sort of stuck in the process...a sure target for a trout on the cruise...

Oh My Goodness...it appears we actually have a conversation going on here...I was starting to think this forum was just sort of a "hit and run" operation...Thanks for responding...Its always great to get in touch with old friends...the internet has for sure helped me a lot in that area too...I am glad it has helped you as well...

unfortunately too many folks find their only encounters with other human beings in this meduium...that is sad...hooray for actually talking to friends...in person is for sure a bonus point!

but I will not discount the great folks I have met via the internet...not to mention all the skills I have learned from others experience...(ie patterns etc)

all the best...ted

lets keep this up...OK

Terge...is that a name from MonteNegro or similar??please dont be offended if I'm mistaken...I am just curious...many great anglers from that region...some beautiful water in that area too...I am just a by product of the Rocky Mountains...getting ready for agreat summer!

PS...is that top fly considered a "still born" emerger???...one that is sort of stuck in the process...a sure target for a trout on the cruise...

he he he..... it´s a conversation all right :-) :-)

Terje is as far as i know a norwegian name, quite similar to Terry in english i guess :-) :-)

The top fly is meant to be a ordinary may fly emerger and not a "still born", but i guess it could for a "still born" as well :-)

Take care

Terje

the "still born" idea ws something I first saw back in the late 70's...the idea was it was supposed to be a may fly with its wings stuck in the case either temporarily or longer...not able to fly...and basically in the insect world ,trouble...an easy target for a trout, thus the idea...

either way...great ties...t

your friend messaged me on facebook told me to let you know that you are supposed to send them to my address so he can come pick them up ;)

your friend messaged me on facebook told me to let you know that you are supposed to send them to my address so he can come pick them up wink.png

Nice try :-) :-)

Terje