Fly Tying
Travis Bille

Pet Hair Swap

Okay guys we've got ourselves a swap! This one should be a lot of fun. I'm already in trouble with the wife for my poor haircutting skills.

I have been thinking about tying with pet hair. We have a husky that never ceases to give both undercoat and the longer stiffer hairs. I haven't tried it yet but this gets me thinking I shouldn't keep putting it off.

Sorry, I'm going to keep it as full now. I don't want the hassle of wanting people to tie extra flies, and they might not get the message and come up short.

But if this one is a success I very well might do a pet hair 2.0. I'll save a spot for you if that happens!

Thanks for your interest!

Sorry, I'm going to keep it as full now. I don't want the hassle of wanting people to tie extra flies, and they might not get the message and come up short.

But if this one is a success I very well might do a pet hair 2.0. I'll save a spot for you if that happens!

Thanks for your interest!

I mean thank her for her interest!

That is beyond awesome!! I'm pretty sure I'll be doing a 2.0 at some point, I'll hold a spot for you too.

Thanks. I'm sure my daughters guinea pig is thrilled.

I guess i better clearify my cat. His name is Ballou and he is a Tonkinese which is a LARGE siamese type cat...he is about 25lbs. I am experimenting with trying to tie an emerger that i can use my Madigascar Ground Boa's skin as the shuck on. I can't promise the snake skin will work out but i am always using the brush leavings from Ballou for dubbing...he has hair very similar to a chinchilla's.

I will try to find a pic of both this week-end...maybe even a couple of experiments to let you choose what i send.

Husky makes an awesome dubbing as does wolf and deer hound. If you do 2.0 and would let in a foreigner I have some great mixes and just working with some Shetland pony and highland cow which is very interesting.

Husky makes an awesome dubbing as does wolf and deer hound. If you do 2.0 and would let in a foreigner I have some great mixes and just working with some Shetland pony and highland cow which is very interesting.

I'll save you a spot in 2.0! I'll be a little more adventurous with my shipping by then.

The long Husky hairs are pretty buoyant. I need to use more weight on my next tries. The flies I tied yesterday and used last night wanted to ride upside down until they were very saturated with water.