Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Dirts

Hooked by a fly

It started out as a good night. I fixed my son a fantastic spaghetti dinner and cleaned up the kitchen.

I joined this site and introduced myself. I watched a good movie and then I went to bed. Thats when it happened. Now mind you I have been a very studious newbie tyer and have paged through many fly tying books. It started after I got to sleep and it kept surfacing and repeating Itself. Lefty Deciever fly. Over and over.

You need a Lefty Deciever fly. No not a right one but a left one. I remember kind of smerking when it came up. What color is it? What kind of feathers? I decided to turn on my right side and that inspired another thought. Not your right side because you need a Lefty Deciever. Finally I woke up around 4:00 a.m. and with compulsion had to look up a Lefty Deciever. Thank You Lefty Kreh for your saltwater creation. Even in Northern Wisconsin could I not leave home without it or for that matter find peace in the night. What was really strange it was not a nymph pattern that disrupted my sleep nor one that I have ever given any consious thought to.. I actually woke up laughing to myself.

LOL...I used to have the same kind of Dreams about Hunting :D

Now, with thanks to this site, I do the same thing about tying Flies! The problem is most of the time it's a Fly I have no idea how to tie! :o LOL

Wonderful post! I don't often have such dreams now, but still, sometimes I'll get thoughts of fly patterns at the most inconvenient times!

Dirts, Welcome to the addiction of fly tying! laugh.png

yup your on your way to being broke the rest of your life with nothing more to show then some fur and feathers

...And one hell of a nice collection of Hooks and Thread :D

...and believe me...it doesn't get any better, the !@$!# dreams just keep coming year after year...my problem is I forget the specifics when I wake...rolleyes.gif

Murray