Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
wayne offord

Fishing/Fly Fishing App

Navionics or i use Nobeltec. Anything with solunar, tides, weather etc, maybe like a fishing log.

I purchased the Orvis app when it was on sale and gave away the $10 free gift card to a member here at the forums. I enjoy listening to the pod casts while I am at work or eating lunch...have not really looked at much else on the app but I think its worth the cost alone just for the podcasts.

I have an app called Fly Tyer Pro, I have it on my IPAD, but it works with iPhones as well. Not the greatest, but has a decent number of recipes.

if your a kayak fisherman or wade alot i use the riverflows app also use radar now for weather and launch points to find points to launch from if im not familiar with the area

I have fly tyer pro( there is a free version as well), flies to tie( which is pretty much just links to intheriffle.com tying videos, free) and the hatch which gives you streams to chose from and their hatches( there are not many streams on it, I think there are 5 for my whole state,PA, but some good patterns anyway. I think fly tyer pro is the best one, its all step by step, no videos, still nothing great.

I have a few on my I phone

1. stream plus - stream flows , can customized a favorits list and have flow reading in you hand

2. fly book - a i phone based fly fishing journal

3.Iguidepro - phone based river guide trips

4.fly box-basic hatch matching app not top shelf

5. fishing deluxe- gives you best time to fish

6.Ct parks & forests - depending on the state your in gives all types of info on state parks and forests

steve

Knot Wars... give it a B/B- but I do use it from time to time. usually in conjunction with surfcasting rather than fly fishing.