Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

what the .....?

i just got an email from the forums about some site called blackvisa. does anyone know what this is about? i trust content from the site, but usually Will will send a letter or something like that, and blackvisa has never been discussed here on the site before.

moderators or anyone else, do you know what this is about? i dont want to do anything with it until i know what it is about.

thanks

I'm no copmputer whiz but how would someone do something like that? Wouldn't they have to go to the members list and individually email, each one? Sounds like a lot of work to get someone to go to your website

No the admin panel has a mass email function so they can email every member at once. Again no one click the link and you dont have to worry about any prob's on your computer it was just a spam message nothing else. Will will let everyone know what happened when he gets it sorted out.

thanks for the replys guys. i just deleted it. didnt want to until i knew if it was something pertaining to the site or not.

It looks like the FTF email server was harvested by [email protected] This person is listed as the admin for blackv1sa.1nfo located in Hanoi Veitnam. It's what looks like a new forum but all the posts are from either root or admin. I use a Apple Mac so it is much harder to violate it then the windows PC.. everything targets MS Windows... Because it's a Mac I can do things that would otherwise be too risky. Be safe and delete the email!

I don't post a lot but do lurk from time to time. I got that spam as well. Thanks for the quick reply to my e-mail. I really didn't want to block this site from being able to send me e-mails.

I got it too and had a look. Just another forum by the looks, nothing sinister, except the spamming part, from what I could tell anyway.