Fly Tying

Honestly, I'd just do a kiwi muddler type fly- natural zonker strip on top, lighter body (chenille, dubbing, sparkle braid, pick one), and a spun head of natural deer hair. They work.

Another thing to bear in mind is that breeding fatheads look totally different, a whole lot darker- nearly black.

Honestly, I'd just do a kiwi muddler type fly- natural zonker strip on top, lighter body (chenille, dubbing, sparkle braid, pick one), and a spun head of natural deer hair. They work.

Another thing to bear in mind is that breeding fatheads look totally different, a whole lot darker- nearly black.

Our FatHeads in the clear waters seem to be very purple hazy, per fish biologist friend (and picture above) but it is anyone's guess on what is being dumped or escaping from live bait fishing.

Looking for help on the prime forage fish in most of our local lakes and ponds. Trying to get the right color combo's and layers. Attached is a picture from a fisheries biologist but this is a pretty large size compared to most of the real minnows I have observed. Would enjoying seeing some pictures or recipes. I have experimented but I am not satisfied with results thus far. Many thanks

Try this... very easy to tie too

Rattling%20Lumino%201_zps2k7yfwna.jpg

Looking for help on the prime forage fish in most of our local lakes and ponds. Trying to get the right color combo's and layers. Attached is a picture from a fisheries biologist but this is a pretty large size compared to most of the real minnows I have observed. Would enjoying seeing some pictures or recipes. I have experimented but I am not satisfied with results thus far. Many thanks

Try this... very easy to tie too

Rattling%20Lumino%201_zps2k7yfwna.jpg

Thanks drone, another good sggestion to try out

Fly fish foods low fat minnow would probably suit this. Tie it in the right colors and it'd be a killer.

Flat Rock be sure to show us what you tie up.

Will do, I have around 40 experimental tries on this one, but I have become a bit OCD (ok, a lot OCD) in trying for the perfect eye & fish-catcher....

I tied those pictured in #25&26 above for a swap, now going for new style, based on recent suggestions, will use some new material from Fly Tyler's Dungeon, may take a few days, until I finish up all my swapping patterns...

I use this for my fathead minnows, moves like a real minnow.

Thanks for another good example

OCD rules,,, should be ready soon to try another 40 designs