Fly Tying
utyer

January Flies from the Vise

Making blind eye dee's and this is only my third attempt so far, wings on this critter are much softer so hard to mount, but seems okay, not much overlap, slowly getting it plus a load of fun to fish them. Excuse huge ass image, just using ipad....

post-29540-0-99981700-1391030752_thumb.jpg

Making blind eye dee's and this is only my third attempt so far, wings on this critter are much softer so hard to mount, but seems okay, not much overlap, slowly getting it plus a load of fun to fish them. Excuse huge ass image, just using ipad....

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Looks pretty good, wings don't look overlapped but maybe a little uneven to one side, maybe that's just my eyes though :)

Yup bit uneven, i am sure i can manipulate them a bit to look better but just mounted and finished without touching....i better look at some more dee patterns and give them a try, got more argus just for this. Btw that speckled stuff that arrived looks not bad at all! Just short barb length that would suit say size 3 and down.

Tied up a whole next of spiders today. Last night I tied up a few Shad flies. Going to hit the Shad again next week. and then head down south for some bass and bluegill fishing later in the month.

post-12074-0-07189600-1391034611_thumb.jpg

post-12074-0-96815900-1391034624_thumb.jpg

post-12074-0-83820400-1391034634_thumb.jpg

Looks kool Jan!

Another dee pattern here, i am addicted to them...

post-29540-0-08736400-1391116736_thumb.jpg

Looks kool Jan!

Another dee pattern here, i am addicted to them...

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

FF'J,

yours looks kool too, I like this sparse style, nice ribbing and extravagant color combination. Do you have more photos?

Cheers

Jan

Thanks Jan! No more images yet, just snapped a quick one with ipad, but i might get some better images soon....And Chris K, using 30 lb fireline attached with gel spun and ccg hydro to the bend as they are pure fishing flies. I heard dacron once wet a few times might not be a good idea tho for looks will be ace, best would be silk gut but yeah i can't find much of that so i trust the 30 lb fireline.

Habanero,

nice baitfish. The heads look pre made, or is it a virtuosos work with uv cured resin?

Cheers

Jan

Thanks Jan! No more images yet, just snapped a quick one with ipad, but i might get some better images soon....And Chris K, using 30 lb fireline attached with gel spun and ccg hydro to the bend as they are pure fishing flies. I heard dacron once wet a few times might not be a good idea tho for looks will be ace, best would be silk gut but yeah i can't find much of that so i trust the 30 lb fireline.

Ya silk is tops, but don't use it on fishing flies, it will eventually break down. You can also use mono which doesn't look bad either.