Fly Tying
Horseshoes

Like to share a flyby view of my neighbourhood.

Its been about 40 years, but my future bride and I did a drive through one summer. We went all the way out to Cape Breton Island, and too a drive out around the headlands there. I remember a ski resort that was right on the ocean, and the lifts went up from sea level. Spend some time around the Bay of Fundy, Halifax, and then had to head back to the US. Wonderful country, and people. We ate fresh lobster most every night. It was 2 to 3 dollars (for the whole thing,) right on the docks. We spent more for the pot to cook them in.

We took a northern route back west, and had a full car search when we crossed back unto Maine. We looked a bit like hippies after 3 weeks on the road, but all we had was dirty laundry, and some Oranges which were confiscated.In later years, I had some Bananas confiscated crossing back into New York at Buffalo. US is a cheap date, give up some produce, and your in.

Utyer we still hop in the car and 'play tourist'. Put some rods and a picnic basket in the trunk of the car and off we go, turning right,then left, willy nilly. Never sure where we are going. Come upon a nice spot and there we are for a bit of fishing, take a few pictures and eat the picnic. That is what we do in our spare time. Sometimes we turn on the GPS and get lost. Lol.

I am glad you enjoyed your trip and got to go on the Cabot trail. You would have been in lykos33 neck of the woods. For obvious reasonreasons I have shown the clip for my neck of the woods.

Shoebop, I feel the fun is when your find a still stream full of brackish water and you cast a line and catch a nice brookie is the best feeling. I like trying to beat the odds when it comes to location. Our little province is full of little streams.

Most times when out driving we find a nice spot and haven't a clue where we are so we just marked it on the GPS with clue like 'black bear'. As you can imagine it was memorable.

Up to Bridgewater is fresh water, flying past Bridgewater is saltwater and under the bridges is brine? Certain places are great, the river practically crosses the province. It is pretty much closed to salmon now. so a trip up your way is my only recourse. It has just about everything in it, depends where you fish. It is strongly regulated on the fresh side. There is also not far from here the Mersey River and the Medway River . The other two famous rivers. You head up to Keji and fish the tobiatics. A small lake called Sucker lake not far from here is where you ice fish besides the the Lahave (bridgewater) River down near Dayspring when it is frozen is where you will find the ice huts or people sitting on the overturned plastic Pails. Smelting is a favorite. The mackerel run is a gas!! Depends what you like to catch.