Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
flats4life32

Any one in the Orlando Florida Area.

I live north of Orlando and work south of Orlando. Driving I-4 each way everyday is one of the reasons I HAVE to go fishing every weekend.

The closest fly tying club I've been able to find is on the East coast, somewhere close to Cocoa Beach. I am not going to go that far to be in a club.

You've got to check out the Orlando Outfitters. It's the only fly tying only store in Orlando. I believe they have tying classes and tying nights, just for fun ... but I've never been to one. The people there are great, and I highly recommend them.

There's a Bass Pro Shop just south of Orlando on International Drive. It's not a large BPS, but the White River Fly Shop section is well stocked and also run by knowledgeable and friendly guys.

Are you currently in Orlando, or moving to the area?

It is not close but there is a Flyfishing club in New Smyrna Beach that is quite active. I believe they have meetings of some kind several times a month and they do a flycasting class most Saturdays. I attended 3 or 4 meetings during a stay a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it. If I lived in the area I would join and I am not a joiner of things usually

Backcountry FF Assn. has their own WEB page: http://bfaorlando.com/

They meet the second Thur. of every month, but you need to check their WEB page for the location, as it varies.

They are an IFFF affiliated club, for what it's worth.

I live north of Orlando and work south of Orlando. Driving I-4 each way everyday is one of the reasons I HAVE to go fishing every weekend.

The closest fly tying club I've been able to find is on the East coast, somewhere close to Cocoa Beach. I am not going to go that far to be in a club.

You've got to check out the Orlando Outfitters. It's the only fly tying only store in Orlando. I believe they have tying classes and tying nights, just for fun ... but I've never been to one. The people there are great, and I highly recommend them.

There's a Bass Pro Shop just south of Orlando on International Drive. It's not a large BPS, but the White River Fly Shop section is well stocked and also run by knowledgeable and friendly guys.

Are you currently in Orlando, or moving to the area?

mikechell yes i live in winter spirngs.