Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Matt McK

first crease fly

Looking good from what I can see. Make sure its glued on there good. I have found after a while some of mine would roll on the hook shank.

Since they are built not tyed (only the tail is tyed and the hook shank covered with heavy thread) CA glue is the way it is held on. After the foam body is attached to the hook with CA I then open the face of the body and drip CA down the fly along the sides and making sure it drips down on sides of the foam and hook (which should be covered with thread) PINCH THE TAIL HARD OR IT WILL WICK ON THE TAIL AND YOUR HAND. Next shoot some Kicker down the face and make sure you DON'T LOOK DOWN THE FRONT OPENING.....it tends to spit out sometimes. Here is a Bob Pond Atom Striper Swiper Crease fly. Your fly is great, good hook gap for setting, use stick on flat eyes (crease them first so they bend with the foam). I add a plug in the mouth after sticking a rattle in for extra sound. Also, a thin coat of epoxy (30 min seems to yellow less) to toughen it up....sprinkle a little pearl glitter on while wet.

post-18342-0-63440900-1393207253_thumb.jpg