Fly Tying
artimus001

dubbing, hook, eye containers redux....

this is more for Canadian tyers.

at Dollarama stores (the green and white one), there are 14 compartment pill boxes for $2 . the plastic base is opaque white and drill-able. the lids are push/click lock. the floor/walls are curved like a hook box. hands down, the best bang for your buck (i think) for storage of all the small bits and pieces that we use.

Art

post-52814-0-92404800-1400679066_thumb.jpg

I'm not Canadian, but I have at least 12 of these pill/hook containers. I have them is several different sizes, and styles. I have a 4 by 7 container, and 4 or 2 by 7 containers, and 7 seven slot containers. They work great for all kinds of hooks. In smaller trout hooks, I can place 7 (or more) different styles f the same size. I keep size 22 through 10 in the single 7 compartment boxes. Larger 1X, 2X, 3X, and go in the double sided boxes.

These same boxes work out fine for dubbing, beads, cone heads, and other small bits. I can usually find them at garage sales for a buck or less each.

we have the containers in the lower 48 also, just at a different store smile.png

just make sure the lids on the pill box (or any box for that matter) is snapped shut or get that magnet out when hooks spill on the floor.

oh its gonna happen its just a matter of when! smile.png

for a little bit more money i prefer the following box for hooks

I found a similar box to the OP's at Joanne's. I bought the last two my local store had and so far they have not restocked. I use the kind Flytire illustrated to hold beads.

after reading the above posts, i had to chuckle. everyone knows about deals or bargains like these except me. i'm the one the just got out of the time capsule, lol.