Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
wschmitt3

Hello From Vermont

Hello All,

My name is Will. I currently live in Wells River Vermont right on the Connecticut River and a very short trip to a half dozen very decent trout streams in Vermont and New Hampshire. This is my third season fly fishing and I started tying my own flies over the winter. The past few years I have primarily been fly fishing for brook, rainbow and brown trout in medium and small rivers and streams but due to really low and warm water conditions in the trout streams near home I have been fly fishing (and a little spin casting) for bass, pike and walleye on the Connecticut River.

I've attached some pictures of flies I've tied. Ill probably add some more later. I am not in the habit of photographing my flies and I find it quite difficult to get a good photo of them.

They are B.H. Wooly Bugger, Cased Caddis, hare's ear, Mickey Finn, rs2 and something like a Black Ghost

post-52247-0-39074300-1402244749_thumb.jpg

post-52247-0-17595500-1402244777_thumb.jpg

post-52247-0-01077200-1402244878_thumb.jpg

post-52247-0-19797700-1402244898_thumb.jpg

post-52247-0-66319800-1402244944_thumb.jpg

post-52247-0-80363400-1402245506_thumb.jpg

Welcome. The pictures need plenty of light so the camera picks up the fly shadow free. Share your fish pics too.

Hi Will,

I'm a noob here too. Vermont is a beautiful state, just love it when I travel through it. Might get to fish there some day. Good luck with the tying and flshing.

Patrick

Welcome Will

Like your shiny booger! I saw the Connecticut River in Springfield Mass one December... Boy it looked cold!

By the way, don't you ever get tired of hunters firing at will?

Just asking :-)

Thanks FlaFly. Its one of my most productive flies. You should see it 175 miles north in December, its even colder. I saw in your profile you are in the environmental science field. I am currently using my G.I. Bill to take classes online towards a degree in environmental science with a focus on fish and wildlife management.

Battenkillbum I may take you up on that offer some day.

Thanks Every one for the welcomes!

Thanks FlaFly. Its one of my most productive flies. You should see it 175 miles north in December, its even colder. I saw in your profile you are in the environmental science field. I am currently using my G.I. Bill to take classes online towards a degree in environmental science with a focus on fish and wildlife management.

Battenkillbum I may take you up on that offer some day.

Thanks Every one for the welcomes!

You asked the right guy about the environmental field! I just graduated from college with a degree in environmental studies, too, and Flafly's brain is a good one to pick on the subject, especially about breaking into the field.

Welcome to the forum!

wsschmidt3

Just PM me if you have need any hand-holding or head-patting.

Thanx Cas