Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Rcc0023

Hello from Auburn, AL

I am new to the forum but not to tying or fly fishing. I learned both from my older brother about ten years ago. It has been a while since i have tried my hand at either but i am getting back in the swing of things. I am planing a fall trip to the Carolinas to fish this fall, and hopefully my fly boxes will be ready for it in time.

Welcome to the mob! Most newbies come to the club with lots of questions (like me), and lots to learn from old-timers. In your case, maybe we can hope to learn some tricks from you.

WHOA !!!! Who let the riff raff in wearing the suit and tie ???? You have got to change into shorts and sandals ... immediately !!!!

Joking, of course. Welcome to the site. If you look in the SBS section (step by step) ... or in the cold/warm water sections ... or in the fly tying bench section, there are tons of patterns that will help you fill your boxes.

Please do change though, before going into any of the "salt water" sections ... they see suits and ties and go into hiding thinking you're the Feds. We won't hear anything from them for weeks after that.

Ah thats why the salt boards gone quiet!

Welcome to the forum. Plenty to learn and loads of great patterns in the database to have a go at.

To add to what Mike said, you can go to the top of this page and click on the Fly Pattern Database link for lots of patterns. You can click on search and search by keyword, like "crappies" or "panfish" and limit your search, or search by fly type (hopper, etc).