Fly Tying
yetavon

Its been awhile.....

Quite a while it seems, I amassed a fantastic collection thru swaps with some very great and talented folks on here. But life turned and I ended up stuffing the tying gear into a closet to make room for the MIL.....Can you say chew on a gun barrel..... I stepped aside and spent what little extra time I could putting those flies to use.

Well last month someone must have thought I had a bad back, and to help me out they took my fishing pack out of my jump seat....With it they got my 3 wt reel, both NC/SC license, your normal fly junk collection of leaders, tippets, scissors, forceps, dressings and knot tools. A XP-10 camera and GPS, hell even a spare key to my truck.

Thank the Lord they didn't look behind the seat and get the 3 rods......But the 7 boxes and tins of flies, most from swaps from here, are the most painful.....something you just cant buy at a store...

So keep your eyes open, once I can get a few thinks settled I'll need to get back tying if I can get in a swap.

Sorry to hear about your troubles. It's hard to imagine why a thief would take what this one did... they're usually after GPS units and phones, etc. that bring in bigger bucks. Kinda hard to dispose of a bunch of flies except through Craigslist. Maybe there's a way to track tGohem if they post them there.

I and wife also are in WNC part of the year. Haven't gotten around to fishing there yet... I'm not into trout, and lakes are mostly privately owned where we are. Spend most of my time cutting trees back or they'd take over the place.

Good luck with your tying and fishing. Glad you still have your rods. (and reels...?)

I think they just grabbed the pack and ran, got a friend looking around the local pawns, didn't think about CL....I chase trout and Warm water, and this trip I had both in my sites...

And a while more... I need to get back to tying... Cant believe this much time has gone by....

Welcome back!  I hope your reasons for disappearing were better than the "first time".

Good to see you're back, and looking forward to some stories of the good times over the past few years.

On 4/10/2020 at 12:30 PM, mikechell said:

Welcome back!  I hope your reasons for disappearing were better than the "first time".

Good to see you're back, and looking forward to some stories of the good times over the past few years.

Thanks Mike... Things have been good for the most part... wife still lets me go fish every other month or so...