Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
lucaseabass

Butcher Nymph

I did some searching & found this: http://flytyingnewandold.blogspot.com/2010/07/bloody-butcher.html

This is the fly I recall reading about at some point in time. However I also remember seeing the UK pattern somewhere too, but obviously not the same or even similar.

I guess I contributed to the hi-jack as well. But, I like these discussions & exchanges, particularly with tiers from other parts of the world. I remember a magazine article many years ago about New Zealand trout flies. I thought they were very cool & tied & fished several of them over the years here in MD. I would try any of the flies that Luca has posted here & he's got some fine patterns on his website too I would fish!

Luca, again your tying is superb! wub.png

You are very kind and it is a pleasure for me to receive such nice compliments! Many thanks.

I am continuing my work as translator and I suppose to publish a new piece in English within a few days: in this occasion I will present a pretty nymph for fishing just under the water surface. A deadly pattern which helped me to catch one of my best ever trout, a fish that I will never forget.

Many of the articles of my website were published on some magazines here in Italy, but also in the States and in UK. Some flies are extracted from my books titled "Flies, Mosche da pesca" and "Mosche, per trote, temoli e salmoni". Now that the paper is at the end of its life, or nearly at the end, I want to continue my work, or better my hobby, by collecting many of my articles on Moscofilia, so to give them a second life and offering to the anglers also a traslation in English of them. You can already see part of this work on Moscofilia: as I wrote, if you go on the pages A-Z and click on the word English which is beside the name of some flies, you can read the article about that fly in your language. You can find some nice piece, they are nice for me, including a few about some of the most complicate classic salmon flies, such as the Jock Scott or the Black Argus.

Quite shortly I will start to translate the piece about the Ephemera Vulgata, you can find it written in Italian on my site. The buildind process of this fly does not require a traditional vice and the tying style is really unique.

Ciao

Luca