Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
retrocarp

Flyworld.com ( your experiences with this trader)

G'day,

Firstly I do not want to come across as a disgruntled old fart...... but I ordered new midge jaws for a Barracuda vise from said trader on the 7th of December 2014 ( paid in full ) and still no sign of the goods.

It does not end there..... I have sent the guy a few e-mails asking why I had not received the item in question.... no replies to any of them.

Next step .... I rang him on his Mobile phone , he asked if it was okay for him to ring me back as someone else was on the other line,,,fool me said yes ( no call back )

Now is it me being a bit prissy or do I and should I expect a courtesy call to explain the delay......is it too much to ask for good old fashioned service with a smile and polite manner.

It is now the 4th January 2015 and still no jaws......sigh....

heres what i get for flyworld.com. doesnt look like a place to order tying materials

NO, you are NOT being "prissy" or whatever you want to call it. A month??? I don't think you're getting your part, the "supplier" is a fraud.

Unless he's from one of the wildfire ravaged areas.

You aren't being effected by them, are you?

No bud not here as yet TG... poor bastards down south are copping it again with 40 degrees plus celsius that is

Is the trader someone who actually stocks items or like some middle man who orders it from the manufacture? This is the biggest problem with buying online or even ordering by phone. Said places will almost always tell you they are in stock but not in whose stock. Here in the USA this also happens which is why it is best to pay with credit card even when using paypal. You can contact credit card company and tell them about the fraud. Call the said person, tell them to not ship and that they have been reported to your credit card company as fraud since, they have had ample time to call you back but find they have no need to call you to explain the delay. Then you get on web and pass the word around about said trader.

Okay guys problem resolved this morning..... I rang the dealer and spoke to a nice fella called Chris, he said he had no idea why I was not informed on the day of the transaction that this product was not in stock .... but they had ordered more and apologised for any inconvenience.

He said he will keep me informed when the shipment is cleared through customs.

I said I was a little disappointed at not being told at the time that there would be a delay....he again said he was very sorry so I wished him a Happy New year and looked forward to hearing from him soon.

Sounds like maybe he got wind of the bad press he was receiving online :-)

I have dealt with Flyworld for a number of years now. I mostly buy fly tying materials and miscellaneous items such as line nippers and zingers. I average around two to three orders per year.

I shop with them because they have what must be the best range of tying materials in Australia and their service is generally very good. I live in Brisbane on the other side of the Australian continent from Perth (3600 kms, 2200 miles apart) and most orders arrive in 2 to 3 days.

If I order an out of stock item I receive an email within hours of my order asking what options I would like to follow (cancel, wait for new stock, forward remainder of items etc)

On one occasion (around 7 to 8 years ago) I had a problem similar to that reported by retrocarp. Ordered a reel which had not turned up after about 2 weeks. Rang Chris who was most apologetic and the reel arrived next day (air express mail, no charge). I suspect in my case there was a glitch somewhere in the software he uses or a staff member just stuffed up.

So with one exception (which was fixed promptly) my experience with Flyworld has been great. My impression of Chris through a number of email and a few phone contacts is that he is an ethical businessman and a really nice bloke along with that.

Like most on-line businesses things can go wrong of course. Bought an expensive reel from a US site a few years which was despatched to Austria rather than Australia. Took a while to sort that one out!

As a first time poster my opinion may not carry much weight here, but in my experience the Flyworld folk are good people to deal with.

Thanks for that matuka222 it helps knowing from someone who deals with them regularly that this is probably a one off situation.

Austria Australia Tomatoes tamaetoes lol

Yes you are also correct about the supplier offering a great range of products to the Australian public. 2-3 days is fantastic ...I won't hold my breath as I live in Armidale NSW everthing takes that much longer to reach us .......must be the mountain air.