Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
eastern fly

2015 Musky Swap

Is it all right if some of the flies are a slightly darker shade of olive? I had to order a new tail to finish the rest of the flies but when it got here it I noticed it was a few shades darker.

Some of the tails might be black, I've been put on a "material buying moratorium" until I burn through some stuff.

To confirm, we are tying one for everyone except ourself, so I'm tying up 9, eh?

Everyone need to tie 10 flies. You will not get yours back.

Kevin

Got it.

Normally I have a pretty good idea of how many stamps to put on a return package, or I just intentionally put on to many. I have to say I am somewhat stumped as to how many to include for this one. I know the flies I am tying are very large, how is everyone else accounting for this?

Here's one of mine. I'll be doing a few different color combos. The body is reverse bucktail and shimmer fringe with saddle hackles. Deer hair head, big CCG eyes and goo over the top to make sure the eye's don't run off. On dual 4/0 Owner worm hooks with 80lb wire for a connection. Bottle rockets for scale

PVaB7u0l.jpg

-Mike

Ok,I'm going to need address to send these out...6+ inch extended tail clouser minnows are done. Good luck with your casting.

I hope they work well in your area.