Fly Tying
vicrider

February Monthly Swap Pictures

You have just made somebody's day. One of the great things I read was when one of my flies turned out the secret weapon until lost also. That was on saltwater fish and I've never fish salt myself so it was doubly enjoyable to read. I'm going to have to go back to my fly boxes and move that worm to the front row.

I wonder if it was the worm, the blue beads or the combination that triggered the strikes?

Looks to be a good pattern, which I might have to duplicate for my home State sunfish!

That's funny Mike. Thanks for reminding me I had pictures of all the flies right there to check. Forgot I had done that and scanned right past them. Now I know what to look for and copy.

Something about pink flies... I do really good with them some days and get skunked on them other days, must be a conditions situation. I tie a pink and white marabou Clouser styled streamer that gets hit all day one trip and then nothing any other time. I'll have to pay attention maybe it's good in the dingy water.

That may be a big key kennebec. I know when I trolled charter on Lake Superior that red spoons, flies and dodgers were always the best color when you were in fog or heavy overcast. Nice sunny days they weren't worth putting out there. When fishing spinnerbaits for bass in the sunlight I'd use chartreuse or silver but as soon as the clouds moved in it was red or dull brass.