Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

8ft 8wt Kayak rod

Custom 8ft 8wt 2pc for a customer that wanted a specific size for fishing out of his kayak. This one is done up with some of the new smokey burl cork we are offering. Wraps are scarlet red with black trim to give it the custom look without being too flashy.

4jVgFc.jpg
TW8WVY.jpg
rMmSzp.jpg
dTNihA.jpg
Oe4RIh.jpg

Not sure if I like that grip material.

Good looking rod though. Nice color on the wraps.

I love the new smokey burl myself. It gives it a very classy look IMO. Plus it is firmer than the other corks so it'll be longer wearing. Everyone has different tastes though.

The ones you like are called "Burnt" and "Dark Mix". There is also a "light mix" which is what is in the center of the above grip. That is basically the same as the dark mix only reversed (dark on light back rather than light on dark back).

Sorry Steve! But there is a Bathurst car race in Australia each year & in 1967 Ford made a XR GT Falcon, only a few of them were made silver with a red stripe just for the race, Gallaher sponsered, phillip morris! Would nere on be a millionare if you owned one now!