Fly Tying
DrLogik

Stream current replicator gizmo

Even my swimming pool is cold this time of year. Even in Florida. :-)

I have no horse in this race- I don't sell them, I could, but shipping is quite expensive. I do own one though. My buddy said the same thing about the tank until he saw it.

Sticking a pump and an acrylic tube is only 1 part of the tank.

Again- it's simple enough if you want it to be- fill your bathtube or a sink with water. Want to test how a nymph sinks? standard water bottle will work.

When you get into dry flies and flies in the surface film- you can't really mimic with with a square shaped acquarium tank.

And besides, all of the home made ones look like shit on video haha.

1) Obviously, you CAN build this system in an aquarium tank. Might not be pretty, but it'll work just fine.

2) You can just take it fishing, but in the "testing" phase ... tie one, go fishing ... don't like it, go back home and tie with modifications, go fishing ... still don't like it, go back ho ... F*&$ this is taking forever. A tank lets you make modifications immediately.

3) You can use a pool ... but even at $300, the actual product is a WHOLE lot cheaper than having a pool installed just to test flies.

But I already have a pool. I don't have any of those other things.