Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
antonio999us

Excellent Lure for Surfcasting Fishing

Hello Fly Tying Bench Anglers

I was visiting the Forum and I thought that you may like to watch the last video I posted in Youtube. I know it is not a fly tying pattern, but I am sure that there are some anglers that will like it and I would like to have your comments.

Some weeks ago I got a clear DUO BeachWalker 120MD lure for painting it as I wish. After thinking for a while, I decided how to paint the plastic plug. The colours I chose were Fluorescent Pink, Black Magenta (which is some kind of a very dark brown colour), Yellow and Red. As usual, the first step was to paint the base for the back and belly sides with plain white. I'm just a rookie using the airbrush, but I fry to do my best and I am very happy with the results of my work.
Something else, for the epoxy protection coat I decided to add some silver frost.

At the end of my work, I created the unique Japanese DUO “Pink Black Magenta” in the World… There is not a second one I like it very much, so I am thinking to use the same pattern to paint some of my 100% homemade wooden Lures.

Well, a couple of weeks ago, I had the chance to escape to Ica's beaches (it is located 350mi Southbound from Lima) for fishing some Flounders and Corvinas. I went decided to try my homemade balsa wooden lures the ”Attila Fat Minnows” --I am preparing a special video for it--. On the other side, I planned to try my brand new DUO BW120MD “Pink Black Magenta” as well.

When I began doing my first casts trying the “Pink Black Magenta”, I was really surprised how effective it was for captures. I was inside the water with the waves up to my waist, and I had my friends fishing just next to me. Soon I began to caught Flounders and Corvinas while my friends were casting to the same spots as I did but
didn’t catch any fish. Just to mention about my equipment, I was using a German Sportex 9'6" spinning rod , with a Van Staal reel loaded with Japanese G-Soul 30lb braided line.
During all the time that I was casting my lure, I captured six beautiful flounders and 18 corvinas... my friends caught not more than three. Had those captures is very weird and difficult down here, please believe me. I do not why, but Peruvian Flounders are very very tricky, and Corvinas are not easy to catch. Something important to say at this point is that all fishes that I captured were released and my friends got mad for that.

Well friends, I invite you to watch my video, once again my apologies for not posting a Fly tying video. I hope you like my video and please give me your comments and recommendations.

Here is the link to the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJjWMM21USU

Really beautiful paint job and a stunning lure! It would probably be great for big snook in the inlets here in Florida.

Nice lure. I haven't fished SW in about 38 years. But- your lure seems to have the attraction it needs. Nice flounder! Used to get stuffed flounder in restaurants when I lived in NC many years ago. Good airbrush job. What outfit do you have? Considering one for rod building.