Fly Tying
Tom Cummings

Going to spend 500.00 on a pole. Orvis or llbean brand. Opinions pls

Everything is about money and stature for some. If you can cast you can cast. If you can fish you can fish. If you can't you can always spend more money and look good along the way.

The premise that any rod can do anything a top end fly rod can do is laughable on its face. Many -- most?-- will not progress in or even stay with the sport w/o improving over entry level equipment.

Rocco

Seeing as you dated yourself mikechell you may be interested in flaming me on vise. Current is renzeti 2000 pedestal. Buying a regal same set up. Not a pair of vise grips as you seem to be a cheap ole fart that thinks your antiques are comparable. Before you flame maybe you should try or research. Your completely off base and wrong.

Actually, Tom ... I wasn't flaming you. Sorry if you got that impression. I have no problems with people spending their own money on whatever they want to.

I was replying to Rocco's comment that "... many --most?-- ..." people will not do well with entry level equipment. I've been doing quite well with mine for decades.

Oh, and I DON'T have "antique" $39.00 rods ... unless 4 or 5 years old is considered antique these days.

http://www.basspro.com/shop/en/white-river-fly-shop-cricket-fly-rod?hvarAID=shopping_googleproductextensions

Sry. I was in a mood. Bad day with work short fused. I honestly don't know of any fly rods for 40.00. Mid grade I see is 425.00 low end 125.00 and Wal-Mart sells by order around low end eagle claw. Cost is for combo not just rod. I do apologize for my outburst. As for vise I now own both regal and renzeti. The regal cost more does less but does change hooks easier