Fly Tying
Patriot

Looking for TMC206BL hooks in sizes #22 and #24

Patriot ... look up posts from "Kimo". He's done some amazing flies like those.

Thanks, Mike!

I'll do just that.

@spiralspey

I wonder what the orientation of these 'reverse tied' flies is as they float down the river, both on the surface and below it. I'll make a note to check this out on the SJR when I get there in a few weeks. I'll stick my neck out and speculate that it all boils down to the width of the hook gape, not the orientation of the fly on the water.

I find this all very interesting.

@spiralspey

I wonder what the orientation of these 'reverse tied' flies is as they float down the river, both on the surface and below it. I'll make a note to check this out on the SJR when I get there in a few weeks. I'll also stick my neck out and speculate that it all boils down to the width of the hook gape, not the orientation of the fly on the water.

I find this all very interesting.

Truly, my pleasure Kimo. Your flies ... and especially your photos of your flies ... are some of the best seen.

Kimo, nice fly. I watched your video on tying it too, that's a pretty slick way to secure the hackle. I prefer my midge emergers with a white post so I can see the little buggers, but I can see using that method too.