6. Gary Madore

7. kschu

8. siestafred - recieved

9. uncletube - recieved

10. flydog34

11. tdeyette - recieved

12. conehead

13. Bully Lover

I would like to close this swap on May 1st and send everybody their fly's. There is 1 week left, can everyone have their fly's to me in 1 week? Please let me know.

geozip

Mine are packaged and going in the mail tomorrow.

(They're late because I was re-tying them with longer hooks per a suggestion by a swap member, but I didn't get the 2nd set finished in time, so the originals are coming your way....)

I'll bite the bullet and pay for Expresspost shipping in order to ensure they're there in time.

Cheers!

Gary

Gary, you should not have to pay extra postage! Regular mail should have them here in plenty of time. If you were posting a week from now, then I would say go ahead... Can't wait to see your fly's. smile.gif

geozip

OK Geo... I'll ask at the post office anyway, and explain they gotta get across the border and to your door within a week.

As an aside, I realized earlier this evening that I forgot to paint the eyes.... I unpacked 'em all, painted the eyes, then finished off with a coat of epoxy over the eyes and head. They're drying now.

That was almost a "D-Oh!" moment blink.gif

For those who care, here's the recipe:

"Canuck Clouser"

Mustad size 6 regular

red and white bucktail

gold Crystal Flash

red 6/0 UNIthread

nickel plated eyes, with red and black enamel paint

LePage regular epoxy

Lots of cussin' and potty-mouth

Cheers!

Gary

Ok, here is the count so far,

1. hexfli - recieved

2. VARick - recieved

3. skunked - recieved

4. rampratyow - Mailed - ?

5. Pujic

6. Gary Madore - Mailed

7. kschu

8. siestafred - recieved

9. uncletube - recieved

10. flydog34 - Mailed

11. tdeyette - recieved

12. conehead - Mailed

13. Bully Lover

geozip

My flies will me in the mail tomorrow or Weds at the latest Scott.

I tied a black and white baby clouser....works great on small stream browns around here. (Gary, you know where I'm talking about LOL)

I can't wait to see the rest of the flies smile.gif

Nick

Geozip,

sorry friends, I told you they would be in last weeks mail, and I have hosted too many conferences and put too many hours in at work. I am dropping them off to the post office after lunch today. I tied a baby rainbow clouser, works great for waters that hold trout and smallmouth and big browns.

Sorry to hold things up for you all.

Conehead,

I write this heavy headed.

Geozip,

The flies are in the mail.

The only way they could guarantee delivery anytime before Chrsitmas was to send 'em Expresspost (postal courier) and it cost me about $13 to do it. There's a money order for $5.00 (real US dollars!) in there for return postage. If that doesn't cover it, let me know and I'll send you some more. My last swap cost a little less than $2.00 to send back to me, though.

Lesson learned: Tie the damned flies within 24 hours of saying "I'm in!" next time blink.gif

Just for fun, you can track the package at www.canadapost.ca ... The tracking number (probably not active 'til tomorrow) is:

LE 043 710 118 CA

I hope these Clousers are OK: They're my first attempt. Oh, I learned something else as well: When epoxy is used to protect the eye paint and toughen up the head, it WILL run (D-Oh!) Some of the eyes are a little, um, "lopsided" BUT, on the upside, I bet this will make 'em swim more like a wounded minnow! LOL

Looking forward to getting my Clouser collection wet when they arrive,

Cheers!

Gary

Hey guys my flies will be mail mon sorry my wife's g-pa had a stroke and I have been so busy between work and hospital visits I just have not had the time so mon in the mail express post should take 4 days to get there sorry gain James

Hi Scott,

We tied an M&M Fly at our tying session last Monday night. It is a modification on a clouser, tied with Marabou. I had done these before. I got 4 nice bass on a #10 version of the M&M the prior week, all 17" or more. Three Smallies and one BucketMouth. I also got a 10" bluegill. I had never even seen one that big before. These are rare up here in Northern Illinois. I have never seen a Bluegill bend an 8 wt rod like that before. Since this has been the most successful pattern of this years pre spawn fishing, I tied up 13 of them this week.

I just got a padded envelope for the swap flies to make their return trip. I'm packaging the flies and will slide the padded envelop in a USPO Priority mail (2 day) flat rate envelope tomorrow morning on the way to our club's casting clinic. Scott, you will have the flies on Monday. Two day delivery for under 4 bucks. I love those flat rate envelopes.

I had already tied 8 standard variety clousers when I decided to switch to the M&M. I love this little fly and figured the whole idea behind a swap is to see new and different variations. I hope it does as well for the rest of you as it does in my local waters. I'll add a couple of those first flies in for you Scott. Call it a thank-you for your efforts.

Sorry to cut it so close. My wife had surgery this week. I should just plan for the unexpected and tie earlier. This is only my fourth swap, so I guess I'm still learning.

Tight lines,

Ken S.